Worklog for Valorden

Worklog 1

Return to Worklogs

Simple AI(Posted 2005-11-29)
I have finished a simple AI for the computer. So far it can only do simple tasks such as 'spotting a player'(as showen below) and walk to a selected destination.

To-do list:

Implement fighting system
Add ability to buy units
Incorporate maps into game
Advance the AI

-----------------------------------------------

Something new(Posted 2005-11-28)
My most recent project (i'm in the middle of 5.. :o) ) is Raid! will be strategy game with the familiar buy-and-upgrade feature that strategy games have become accustomed to. Only in Raid! you won't be building structures to get access to a new branch of units. You will be defending your castle from hordes of monsters (story will be up later). If you fail to defend your castle and they reach your king - you lose. I plan to make this game both single and multi-player.

The idea of the game can't be fully understood until it has been played.

Here are some early screen shots. I still have lots to do:

Start-up menu:

Actual game area:

Conceptualizing(Posted 2005-11-19)
I felt creative last night while deciding on what my next project would be. While brainstorming I decided to make a 2d hybrid platformer of spanky's quest, lemmings, and a little bit of bejeweled. It may sound like a complex game, but what I have planned is actually really simple and hopefully fun.

The object of the game is to locate all of the gems in each level, which hold captive forest creatures, and free them. Once they have been freed from the gem(s) they will make their way to a 'exit' lemmings style(sorta). There will be a number of things blocking their path, it's up to you to control a mouse-the hero and make a path clear of danger.

I have a little mock up of the game so far:

So far i've done the art myself. Hopefully I will be able to find a talented pixel artist who can redo the art to really make the game come to life.

I have a story for the game in progress. It's pretty straight forward to get to the game play. It'll be posted up next entry.