Worklog for Matt McFarland

Worklog 1

Return to Worklogs

Wow(Posted 2005-12-21)
The Expand / Contract Movement is harder than thought. I have succesfully set the points up so they do move to the points they should. I'm going to have to add the same code I did for the mouse and make them move smoother between the points, then I'm going to have to make them all wait on eachother so that it looks more uniform... I may have to set speed variables depending on where they are.

I'll be working on this more tomorrow.

Free Music For Your Games

To Do List(Posted 2005-12-21)
1) Add Expand / Contract movement
2) Add Space Dust
3) Add Enemy Attack Patterns

Latest Screens(Posted 2005-12-18)

It's Just a CodeName(Posted 2005-12-18)
"Interceptor" is the Code Name, I don't know what I'm going to name this thing yet. This is however going to be a shareware blockbuser ;) for $19.95 you'll go through 20 unique sectors (each with different enemey set, level song, and backround) of 10 levels each, each sector will have something unique to gameplay as well (like BreakQuest did with each level)

Well, I finished implementing Delta-Timing and it actually took me roughly 6 hours to do because there was tons of code I literally had to rework. I also kept getting stumped at dumb things like Getting the last object in a list (see forums lol)

My next job is to make them move left to right in uniform, but with a twist. They'll be expanding / contracting from the center (like Galaga) and that section has had some problems in implementation.

I am going to assign them their completely expanded X and Y, with their completely contracted X and y and they'll move between the two.. The trick is to figure out a way to code it using the least lines possible.

Tested the game and it is playable as low as 20 fps but under 20 collisions don't work right. I'm going to have to implement a different collision system as well. Atleast I got DeltaTiming out of the way!!

Particle Effects Complete(Posted 2005-12-15)
Finished the meat of the particle effects! Check out the explosions now!

To Do List(Posted 2005-12-13)
1) Create particle effects
2) Learn Delta Timing and implement

PowerUps, Weapons, etc(Posted 2005-12-12)
Pwerups and weapons are now fully integrated. I have decided to remove some of the 20 levels I made because I am now going to dedicate more time into the game engine and get back to level design once I have more of the gfx which are due in Jan.

Fine Tuning(Posted 2005-11-30)
Fine tuned some levels, have a nice gradual pace. First 20 levels are finished, 80 more to go.

Patterns(Posted 2005-11-29)
Created all 100 unique movement patterns.

Next Goal:

1) Make good intro levels.
2) Create 100 levels

ScreenShots(Posted 2005-11-19)

-----

-----

-----

Spline-age(Posted 2005-11-19)
Fully integrated Spline Capacity for the game.
Making one level still takes some time, but I think I'm getting used to it..

Here's an early screen shot:

They're following a nice smooth path.

Now I've got to design more levels and add more factors to the enemy AI.