Worklog for grindalf

Grimoire of Worlds

Return to Worklogs

Enemies and bug fixes(Posted 2014-11-26)
Well I've fixed a few bugs in the terrain generation and also sped up the colormap painting as that was slowing the game down a little. I still get a few jerks when a new map is created/loaded but its no where near as bad now(runs smoother than minecraft on the vita :P )
Just added enemies to the game. they are just cubes at the moment and they don't really do a whole lot yet. Just a simple walk up to the player when you are in range but I have most of the day off tomorrow so I'm hoping to get some basic combat finished.
Also added in a particle system. At the moment I'm only using it for leaves falling from the trees but it should work for all my magic and special attack needs when the time comes :)

Distractions...(Posted 2014-11-19)
two days ago I received my copy of minecraft for the PS Vita so work has been going slow. but I have managed to make a little progress

I can now fully make animations for my simple characters and export it to Blitz3D code.
I still haven't made the load function yet though and I want to add a feature where I can change the face texture during the animation.

https://www.facebook.com/grimoireofworlds

Making Tools(Posted 2014-11-17)
I have my own character format in the grimoire. It consists of interchangeable body parts in .x format(probably change them to .B3D later) so I can create randomly different characters all using the same animation code. As a result no 3D animation program exports to my format......so I made my own Animation program :D
It still a work in progress and lacks some functionality and I also have to finish the save/load functions But Im quite happy with it so far

https://www.facebook.com/grimoireofworlds

First Worklog(Posted 2014-11-15)
So I've been working on and off of this game for quite some time now and this is my first worklog.

So I suppose I should post where Im up to with this game.

Im generating the world maps as a simple layering of biomes I might do some more work on this at a later point but for now Im quite happy with the result.

The total world size is just over 6700 square kilometers :)

In this map program Im generating certain map details(Height, terrain type, city positions, road positions, forests, ect)

Im using a perlin example from the code archives to generate the terrains(Author sswift)
with a little bit of code I wrote to blend the terrains together(There is currently a bug in one of the blends that creates a hole and I haven't been able to find it yet)

Most of my trees are made from the models from that old tree magic program(I loaded them into deled though and made them better)

Cities are also randomly generated and most interesting of all I used a random maze code from the code archives(author CloseToPerfect) for that. here is an aerial screenshot showing the maze.

I tried a lot of different ways to create a random town and this was the method that worked the best. It doesnt feel like a maze because you can cut between the buildings but it does feel like a proper little city and thats the plan so YAY

I currently have a slight jerk when a terrain is created and loaded but Im hoping to reduce that considerably over the next couple of days.

Anyway thats where the project is up to