Worklog for Apollonius

Project TK

Return to Worklogs

Process Log #1(Posted 2007-08-25)
Currently, I'm working on what I call the QGI which stands for "Quick Game Interface". Which is an prototype interface that has no graphics what so ever. And so runs quite fast and doesn't really take much memory but still has a good feel to it. Meaning it's still kinda stylish, with some effects such a Windows Popups, Mouse Overs... ect.

It contains so far "Windows" and "Buttons". Text Fields and Text Views to come soon. There's still some work left on Windows and Buttons.

Basicly, it's like an external sheet of a few Types with internal behaviors which I can use and re-use, I just need to include the file once.

350+ Lines so far. I estimate that when I actually finish this, it will be around 1000-2000 lines long. I always like to code things so they look clear and neat... and I just love to make things re-usable( in OOP ). And so I code things in separate blocks...

For example I make the interface into one file in a full object oriented manner so basicly on the top of my head it'll be just like:

Interface.bmx
FileManagement.bmx
Player.bmx
and then everything will be included into a main file which will contain the actual content for the game. I dont know if this is a good way to go but to me it's a clear and understable way to go at it in a OOP style.

btw any tips or information you can contact me at:
lexdark@...

I check my emails daily so it will be read.

Introduction to my Project.(Posted 2007-08-25)
I've been dreaming of making an RPG for at least 6 years. I didn't mind if it was 2D or 3D I just wanted to make one. I've always been a passionated gamer, I love Role playing Games, First Person Shooters... ect.

I've been trying very hard to learn everything I needed to make such a game, but I'm not genius, I've got my own learning disabilities and so everything I've learned was hard earned through massive headaches.

I've tried soo many things and had some success here and there and now after 6 years, I'm putting everything I have into making a 2D RPG using BlitzMax, I just hope I will succeed. Wish me luck!

---------------
Fantasy Role Playing Game(RPG)

Project TK is the codename of my game, and is not the final name. This game will have a massive 2D world with alot of things to do... from meaningless wood chopping to world changing battles.

I plan to add a system I developed to make your character evolve throughout the game without the old Level System which most RPG have.

I also plan to remove the clicking fest that most rpg have and put in there real action which requires speed, tactic and dexterity. It won't be a simple question of level anymore.

You will be able to fight alongside NPC allies or even friends over the internet(hopefully, I've never programmed Internet Stuff so I'll have to learn it first).

You will be able to use alot of items, from swords to pole axes to bows.

and so much more...
----------

It might be more then I can chew on right now but I will give it my best shot as I learn ways to use Object Oriented Programming.

I would like to thank everyone that has helped me so far.
I'll mention a few: tonyg, Dreamora, Czar Flavius(thanks man), Amon, Grey Alien

Great Community.

For this project I could use a Spriter(character/enemy designs) and Music Creators~
Although I'm not that advanced... yet so standby.