Worklog for ziggy

BLide PlugIn SDK

Return to Worklogs

Brisk Virtual Machine and BLIde(Posted 2008-09-17)
I've released a new public free plugin for BLIde. This plugin generates the BCS files for the great script engine Brisk Virtual Machine. You can get it here:

http://www.blide.org/plugins/downloads/Generate_bcs.zip

This plugin includes source code, so it can be easy for anybody to see a little bit more about the Blide SDK API.
This module requieres BLIde 0.9.58-C or greater to run.

I'm also writting a 'LUA intelliprompt generator' for BLIde, wich will be ready to be released soon.

ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
Manel Ibáñez ||| BLIde comunity ||| BLIde official Web Site ||| BLIde manual in PDF If you're using BLIde as your regular IDE for BlitzMax, please consider getting the BLIde Plus! version to support development. Visit my BLIde development Blog! and get the Open Source Sound3D module for minib3d

Dual 2 Core 2.8 (Windows 7) with ATI Mobility Radeon 4650 on a nice new Vaio :D

It is available(Posted 2008-05-17)
Yes, it is available included in the regular BLIde update. The SDK is out!!!!
Current SDK version has a very small API available, and this will be expanded A LOT in future versions. meanhile, I'm starting to write some documentation about the SDK. you can get the currently available docs here: http://www.blide.org/sdk/BLIde_SDK_Manual_and_tutorials.htm

More info to come soon!

Manel Ibáñez ||| BLIde comunity ||| BLIde official Web Site ||| BLIde manual in PDF If you're using BLIde as your regular IDE for BlitzMax, please consider getting the BLIde Plus! version to support development. Visit my BLIde development Blog! and get the Open Source Sound3D module for minib3d

First 100% working BLIde plugin(Posted 2008-05-11)
Yes! I've got the first full functional compiled plugin for the new BLIde SDK. The base language is vb.net, with some api additions. The plugin is compiled by BLIde, and adds some items to the Edit menu of BLIde with some additional options.
It is just a sample plug in, posted here just to show how easy to write will be BLIde Plug ins! (Specially given the fact that BLIde provides full intellisense for the BLIde SDK language :D)
Example:

First plugin engine tests(Posted 2008-05-04)
This is the first plugin source code test. This plugin does nothing special, it just creates a window, uses part of the BLIde api, and the like. Nothing spetial, and subject to change as the BLIde API is still being defined

imports codedomTest1, microsoft.visualbasic, system, system.windows, system.windows.forms
module Plugin
	Dim F as MyForm
	sub Main()
		if F is nothing then
			F = new MyForm	
		end if
		if f.isdisposed = false then
			f.show
			f.Activate
		else
			f = new MyForm
			f.show
		End if
	end sub
end module

Class MyForm 
	inherits Form
	Dim withevents But1 as Button
	public sub New()
		InitializeComponents()
	end sub

Sub InitializeComponents()
		me.FormBorderStyle = Windows.Forms.FormBorderStyle.FixedToolWindow 
		me.maximizebox = false
		me.text = "This window is created by the compiled plugin!"
		But1 = new Button
		But1.Left = 10
		But1.top = 20
		but1.Text = "Hello World!"
		But1.Visible = true
		But1.Parent = Me
	end Sub

Sub ButClick(Sender as object, E as system.EventArgs) handles But1.Click
		Msg("Clicked!")
	End Sub
	Sub Form_disposed(sender as object, E as system.EventArgs) handles me.disposed
		WriteInConsole("The form has been disposed")
	end sub
end class

Just to mention that the Plugin system will support overloading, inheritance, and everything you would spect on a complete OO language. Everything based on vb.net.

Completely re-writing SDK(Posted 2008-05-04)
Yes, that's all. The original idea for the BLIde SDK was good but... it was not as flexible as I wanted, so I've decided to completely change the internal desingn for the SDK engine.
It will be based on a self-made compiler based on the codeDom technology, so users will be able to create their own plugins with the flexibility of a Script language BUT the scripts will be really compiled (native machinne code, so fast!!!). The plugins will be writeable using visual basic or C# source code, covering all the features of the .net 2.0 framework. Obviously, as BLIde will natively generate intermediate assembler source code, the plug-in users will not need any sdk version of the .net framework. It'll just work. I'm currently writing the exposed BLIde API to the SDK engine. More info to come soon!

Everything is ready(Posted 2007-01-03)
After a lot of work sorting some compatibility issues with international chars, and BLIde automation, the BLIde PlugIn SDK is ready for the first beta testing. So... we're looking for testers. But, first of all, what is a BLIde PlugIn?

A BLIde PlugIn is an application that gets text from the BLIde editor window, then analize it, modify it, or whatever, and then the processed text back to BLIde.

As instance, a simple code analizer can be a BLIde plug in, but also a GUI editor can be a BLIde PlugIn.

The structure of a BLIde PlugIn program is:

1.- Create the PlugIn handler (It is an instance of a BlitzMax Type)

2.- Start the PlugIn Protocol (A simple method call)

3.- Select all text, or select full row if necesary

4- Get Selected Text (gets the selected text from BLIde)

5.- Process everything

6.- End

that's very symple, and easy to use.
The BLIde PlugIn Protocol, aso implements some addtional features, such as the BLIde Message box to display text, trace actions to the BLIde console, Cut / Copy / Paste / Delete / Undo ? Redo, etc.

The official release date of the beta version will be 08/01/2007 (dd/mm/yyyy) So any interested coder, please, send me an email to get the module.