Worklog for H A L O

Worklog 1

Return to Worklogs

BMAX(Posted 2002-01-27)
I took a shit on .3ds and called it .BMAX.

Seriously, the model files load FASTER than .3ds and are smaller, plus they contain all the effects and settings you could ever want to pack into Blitz! The 3ds max plugin will be available soon!

IF SOMEBODY IS ASKING FOR SOURCE, MAKE IT FOR FREE! JUST DO IT! IT'S A GREAT IDEA, IT'S CALLED SLAVERY! SPEND HOURS AND DAYS WORKING ON A PROGRAM, AND THEN JUST GIVE IT AWAY SO EVERYONE ELSE CAN PROFIT FROM YOUR LABOR AND YOU ARE LEFT WITH NOTHING!

www.planetquake.com/lucid/metal
www.planetquake.com/lucid/singularity

singularity update(Posted 2001-11-27)
I have been waiting for Ben and Rob to resolve the hierarchy issues in our animations...not an easy task, considering that the Blitz 3DS loaders don't work properly when you throw character hierarchies at them.

In the meantime, I spent a few hours on the physics, and was pretty amazed at all I found lacking. I finally fixed the system up so that it now truly performs real game physics. Velocities, air resistance, friction, and normal forces are all accounted for. I never thought of physics as a real headlining feature, but now that I know the amount of work it takes to get all the aspects of it working together, I think the physics routines of singularity make it very appealing to potential licensees.

The current plan is to work out this animation system entirely, and then release a demo with the animation, and a character walking around a small level with a weapon. After that, network code will be added back in, and at that point licensing for the engine will be available. We have had several groups express interest in working with the engine, including a reputable software company who has had a major title out in the last year. I hope that this engine is able to create a community of both licensed developers and enthusiasts making free mods of the engine.

IF SOMEBODY IS ASKING FOR SOURCE, MAKE IT FOR FREE! JUST DO IT! IT'S A GREAT IDEA, IT'S CALLED SLAVERY! SPEND HOURS AND DAYS WORKING ON A PROGRAM, AND THEN JUST GIVE IT AWAY SO EVERYONE ELSE CAN PROFIT FROM YOUR LABOR AND YOU ARE LEFT WITH NOTHING!

s | n g u l a r i t y(Posted 2001-11-16)
Well, my second FPS game, titled "s | n g u l a r i t y", has gotten a major shot in the arm with some help from my old Quake friends at polycount. I posted an animation demo there and within 24 hours had gotten 50 emails from artists wanting a piece of the action. With the dynamic skeletal animations system nearly complete, and Blitz3D's new bsp support on the way, expect a demo out within a week.

The engine now boasts many powerful features, and keeps getting better every day. It won't be long before we can kick Unreal II's ass. Numerous individuals, and a few software companies, have expressed interest in licensing the engine and/or dynamic skeletal animation system. Meanwhile, my coding is getting better and better, and I can now complete complex operations that used to take me days in a few minutes.

Enough talk, just wait about a week to see complete dynamic character animation and some killer visuals in a playable, solid engine.