New Locations
Fix some graphics (magic items)
Add Creatures
Add NPCs
Add some random grass with flowers or so on. / mushrooms etc
And more...

Markov Chain Text

Started and it is fun2017-05-23
I have my next personal programming project sorted then....

It will be a designed for mobile overland rpg of sorts....

I have put together a very basic framework which is coming together...placeholder sample graphic shown below....

It is quite nifty - i enjoy just tinkering around with it already....

You control a character on a map...you walk in to things and it pops up a context sensitive dialog box with an okay button...so if you go to a city perhaps you can buy a magic sword and it will automatically deduct your gold and add it...if you need healing it will do the same if there is a healer there...quests etc....monsters are fought by walking into a dungeon and a monster appears and you either kill it and take the treasure (gold) or fail (% chance) and lose a hitpoint...you have 3 hitpoints to start with...wandering monsters such as trolls and brigands wander the map..if you bump into them you either lose a hitpoint or some gold (and then they disappear).....

There will be quests which are simply 'walk to city/show quest/press ok/' quest is 'kill 'x' in dungeon/take 'y' to city' at which point when you complete it and return to the original quest giver you get a message of success and a reward of gold.....

leveling is very simple....
when you kill a monster you gain a level...when you buy magic items you gain a level...
levels increase the percentage chance you have of defeating monsters in dungeons and avoiding taking damage...

basically combat works as follows:

roll a d(1000+level) if the score is under the 'fail chance' for the monster you take a hp damage and can try again...if it is over the value you kill the monster and earn a gold. as level goes up the chance of killing monsters gets higher...each monster killed adds 1-n to the level.

In cities you can buy healing sometimes - some cities have healers - for 10 gold you can gain a hitpoint back to 3.

In cities you can buy magic items - random appearance, they cost 'n' and apply 'm' to your level - no inventory as such just a simple 'level' score....

Characters have 3 stats: Health, Gold and Level

It is a nice little game for a simple rpg exploration game.

I'm going to add a story, a hidden overarching storyline the ties a series of quests together that can be played out. Perhaps multiple overlapping story lines that can be progressed through. They don't actually impact the game play other than working with the existing quest system and providing flavour to the events that occur.

Markov Chain Text