Worklog for Rob Pearmain

Worklog 1

Return to Worklogs

LunaC(Posted 2004-03-15)
Hi all,

Been on hold for a good few months while I have had Microsoft exams for work, etc etc.

But, will be along soon, re-rendering levels in Gile[s] with Toon renderer, looking awesome

Rob "Speccyman" Pearmain
Peargames

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48k
Pentium II (Celeron) 433Mhz,196MB Ram,64MB Geforce 2 MX 400 TO,Windows ME,SB Live 1024
Dell Inspiron 8200 Laptop
1.8 Ghz (Speedstep),64MB ATI Radeon M9 ,512MB Ram,Crystal Audio,Windows XP Professional

LunaC(Posted 2003-12-03)
Here are some latest screenshots from LunaC, with a little Homage to one of my favourite early 70's SCI-FI movie, good old Charlton Heston...

Rob "Speccyman" Pearmain
Peargames

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48k
Pentium II (Celeron) 433Mhz,196MB Ram,64MB Geforce 2 MX 400 TO,Windows ME,SB Live 1024
1.8 Ghz (Speedstep),64MB ATI Radeon M9 ,512MB Ram,Crystal Audio,Windows XP Professional

LunaC - 9 Levels Done, 11 to go(Posted 2003-11-19)
Here are some latest screenshots from LunaC

Rob "Speccyman" Pearmain
Peargames

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48k

LunaC - 7 Levels Done(Posted 2003-11-10)
7 of the planned 20 levels of LunaC are now complete.

I have added many features, as well as my single surface font stuff, all working smoothly.

here are some shots to get on with ;-)

Rob "Speccyman" Pearmain
Peargames

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48k

LunaC - Rockets(Posted 2003-10-23)
Added the endlevel bit where your rocket takes off. Also added mad rotating skybox.

Off on my hols now, build the remaining 18 levels when I get back, then a demo

Rob "Speccyman" Pearmain
Peargames

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48k

LunaC(Posted 2003-10-21)
Added:

Music
Sound FX
Enemies

Busy building levels.

Watch this space

Rob "Speccyman" Pearmain
Peargames

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48k

LunaC - Alpha(Posted 2003-10-20)
LunaC went out to the chosen few as an Alpha yesterday, with only one level. Got some positive feedback.

Will be changing the menu system to make it simpler and quicker to display. I want to make it look more toony as well.

Rob "Speccyman" Pearmain
Peargames

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48k

LunaC - Memory Leaks Fixed(Posted 2003-10-08)
Spent hours last night using the undocumented "runtimestats" to find where objects were being left behind etc, at 12:15am i finally had them all fixed.

Am experimenting with terrain generation in Milkshape to create a larger world which can then be used as a brush in Quill3D, watch this space.

Rob "Speccyman" Pearmain
Peargames

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48k

LunaC - Protean History(Posted 2003-10-06)
Just realised how to do history output in protean, so here is the complete history so far
Peargames Engine History.
Latest Version: V0.1.1550.849 

Version 0.1.1550.849: (Dated: 06 October 2003 - 16:38:09)
 - Converted MIDI files to WAV and then onto OGG and added SFX too, looking and 
   sounding excellent. 
   Teaser images on Blitzbasic.co.n\ getting great feedback. 

Need to add: 
   Enemies 
   Energy 
   Also change the bounce particles, and other fx to low particle count but 
   effective. 

Version 0.1.1501.716: (Dated: 01 October 2003 - 17:25:18)
 - UV Mapped LUNAC animation and added to front page.  Need to add snow stars fx to 
   the front page to complete as well as idigicon logo. 
   Fixed the esc key bug on the menu, hooray 

Version 0.1.1498.1988: (Dated: 28 September 2003 - 22:43:45)
 - Added sprites for collectables and keys.  Need to add particles for keys 
   collected, 

Version 0.1.1497.2923: (Dated: 27 September 2003 - 05:00:02)
 - Got up at 4:30am with sore throat and fixed the bug with PSYS timers etc, phew, 
   back to bed now 

Version 0.1.1494.4509: (Dated: 26 September 2003 - 22:29:51)
 - Got the PSYS working properly for mulitple emitters 
   Added offset to jumpo to avoid infinite jumps 

Version 0.1.1379.2995: (Dated: 24 September 2003 - 14:06:33)
 - Update font system once more for a 32x32 size Baby Kruffy, as i just love the 
   font, and after experimenting with font widths etc, it actually works quite well 
   if you just overlap heaviliy, DOH, after all that work. 

Next I will be working on building the first level and ensuring the health 
   depletion works. 

Add power jumps (will use these instead of lifts) and added particles, which are 
   looking great.  I cant wait to add them all over the place once I have designed 
   them all. 

I want to add proper particle effects for: 

Jumps (Up arrows going up rapidly) 
   Exit (Green swirling fx) 
   FX on collecting an object. 
   Slight light trail on player. 

Version 0.1.1278.3887: (Dated: 14 September 2003 - 22:57:12)
 - Added  blocks and keys to open blocks in four colors, red, green, blue and 
   yellow 

Version 0.1.1250.3309: (Dated: 12 September 2003 - 21:51:40)
 - Based on my to do.txt file I have done the following today 

Edit B3D map and add an exit at the end 
   add level end parser 
   add complete level code 
   throroughly test loading of new level and reset etc 

Add collectables 

Version 0.1: (Dated: 05 September 2003 - 15:57:31)
 - Wow, long time no history! 

Major changes as to Font handling, really good functions added.  Also added 
   level loading proper for B3D from Quill3D.  Working super fast all round, next 
   steps, add life handling (Already handles when you fall off < 0),  and add HUD 
   to relfect it (Already written, needs porting), and timer countdown.  Menus all 
   work, but need to stop game control on in game menu. 

once all added, next steps is collectables, keys, doors. 
   Then conveyors 
   Then enemies 

Then, build proper levels and game will be complete !!! 

- Got an error from the sprite system because of negative value when calculating 
   millisecs so have fixed. 

Goal for this week : 

Get Player on Map and Control 
   ------------------------------------- 

LOAD CSM Map 
   Create Player 
   Put Player on map and put camera in right place 
   Put control in and migrate the UpdatePhysics code 

- Started to migrate generic functions across from LUNAC origional and also build 
   a default block for LoadWorld.  I want to get the main character loaded and 
   controlled asap, making him lose a life and go through the whole game loop. 
   Once that is done, it is a matter of creating a level and the level functions to 
   go with it.  Add more to the loop and then create a second game alongside LunaC 
   to ensure engine is staying Generic. 

I need to start earning some dosh quick :-( 

- OK, Finally got in game menu working, made Menu code more generic and Now 
   handles quit game etc. 

I need to add pause.  On Pause, suspend all events, on resume, add on the time 
   difference we have paused to all events and then they will continue correctly 
   (No need to worry about sprites) 

Added MUSIC and SOUND settings to menu and made sure this was loaded from the 
   XML 

- Changed the images for the fonts dramatically to work on a white background 
   anti-aliased as they really looked dire.  They now look great.  I need to create 
   a backdrop animation routine for the title page, with images etc so that the 
   front screen for "LunaC" and "Naughty Ted" are done, next i need to seperate out 
   the main page so that different games can call the engine 

- Finished off menu system today, at last by using 2 kinds of fonts, small and 
   dark for unselect, bright and full for selected.  It seems to work well, so 
   shall stick with that for now. 

- by using the excellent "The Unofficial BlitzBasic PreProcessor" By Michael 
   Reitzenstein (http://www.mking.com/~huntersd/preprocessor/) I have managed to 
   add #Option Explicit which took ages to go through the code and ensure all the 
   variables wer declared etc. 

My next step is to change the way the menu works so that instead of having 2D 
   overlay it uses 3D, so that I can alpha fade items not selected and scale menu 
   items on the fly when selected giving me the ultimate look and feel to the menu 
   I am looking for. 

- After surviving the weekend at my sister in laws wedding I have returned to 
   attack the major task of implementing a menu system with full key 
   reconfiguration, sound and music levels as well as loading and saving games.  
   This is well worth doing as once I have done it I will NEVER have to do it again 
   and I can use it in all my games.  Once it is all working later this week then I 
   will add all nice FX and experiment with using 3D Sprites for the text etc like 
   the Letter Sprites. 

I have got the basic movement working, up/down/select and esc to go back.  Now I 
   need to work out how to associate types with these and create input boxes for 
   KEY RECONFIGURATION, SLOT NAMES and HI SCORE NAMES.  i think it would be good to 
   type in the player name at the beginning.  It will be a long BORING slog but 
   well worth it in the end.  Once I have all the boring screens done, hiscore etc 
   etc, then its on to Loading Levels and Then ..... THE GAMES, YEAH !!!!! 

- Set to 60FPS as this works well with refresh rates.  Realised that sprites need 
   to move fast to avoid stutter, but still very cool.  Added LS_SPAWN to allow 
   sprites to respawn.  Need to stop and work on menu system now and design letter 
   sprite patterns.  Also, updated the 3D sprite routines to latest version. 

- Added all the sprite functions using XML to define the patterns.  Next step is 
   to add all the menu functions 

- Added Main Game Events as well as 2D Sprite System code, XML Config for keys and 
   keychecking.  Next stop, Lettering Sprite System and Sprite Patterns 

- These are the beginnings of the engine.  The engine is to form the basis of all 
   future Peargames releases, being completely message driven. 

--
Generated by Protean V1.1.1346.25955. Protean Copyright Rob Hutchinson 2002-2003
Output Date: 06 October 2003 - 16:43:54

Rob "Speccyman" Pearmain
Peargames

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48k

LunaC(Posted 2003-10-02)
After a busy few months, Luna-C is nearly there. Particle FX, Lightmaps, Keys, Collectables, Particle Jumps, FULL menu system (Including key redefine) all there.

To do:
Music
Sound FX
Enemies
Completion of Level Building

Watch this space

Rob "Speccyman" Pearmain
Peargames

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48k

LunaC_1.3_WEEK3(Posted 2003-08-06)
Progressing leaps and bounds, especially as I have a demo to show to George (Idigicon) on the 20th August.

I am using Halo's CSM (Version 3) format from Character Shop which is producing such cool looking levels and is so easy to add entities to etc.

All the menu system is done, the main control is being migrated from the previous version, it should be a matter of days now and the whole game system will be finished leaving just levels to build.

Rob "Speccyman" Pearmain
Peargames

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48k

LunaC_1.3_WEEK2(Posted 2003-07-15)
Have been busy modelling and menu designing. Slow but sure. Here is a screenshot of one of my new characters, yet to be skinned and aninated.

Rob "Speccyman" Pearmain
Peargames

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48k

LunaC_1.3_WEEK1(Posted 2003-06-25)
LunaC by name, Lunacy by nature. I have been driven to lunacy over the past year developing this game. i am on the final version, 1.3. Why the delay?

Well, sadly I had a lot of troubles in my personal life, my daughter was very ill for the last year, and happily is almost fully recovered. This has changed my priorities, and only this last 2 weeks have I been back really coding.

Here is a brief history

v1.0 was a mario style 3rd person view of a running character. i developed most of this whilst on a business trip to Calgary Canada last August, and I got about 30% of it done, but it was buggy and dull.

v1.1 was an improved version with moving lifts and enemies but upon getting a large way through it I quickly realised it was unstructured and hard to manage.

v1.2 introduced the idea of the main character being in a bubble, similar to Super Monkey Ball and suddenly the game got interesting. I did about 60%-70% of this one, and that is the current demo available on my website. Again, when it came to writing the front end, it was impossible to make it fit within the framework. So, here we are:

v1.3 I started from scratch with the notion of creating my own generic game engine that I could use from game to game. Basically, an engine to do all the boring stuff (Frame limiting, key redefining, saving games, loading etc) so that I would never have to write that stuff again and in the future concentrate on Models, Sounds and Gameplay.

Oh, and i use the ProteanIDE which has made development more rapid.

Today I made the major breakthrough of creating the full game menu system working within a fully running 3D environment, with exploding menu particle fx etc etc. It stores and reads all data as XML and it rocks. below are some screenshots.

The "NO" icon sprites are fully animated in the background. Suffice to say, now this is compelte, it just needs the final details of all the surrounding parts of a game and then I can migrate the code from v1.2 to v1.3 for the main game loop.

LunaC will be here soon, along with a whole host of Peargames games based on my engine

Thanks for your patience

Rob "Speccyman" Pearmain
Peargames

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48k

Peargames Game Engine / Lunac(Posted 2003-04-21)
Due to unforseen personal circumstances, I have been away from programming anything for the last month.

I have also moved house, and I am currently removing wallpaper and skimming walls.

On the plus side I have Wireless Broadband now, wahay.

What does all this mean? I will be back on LunaC and the engine soon, watch this space

Rob "Speccyman" Pearmain
Peargames

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48k

Peargames Game Engine / Lunac(Posted 2003-03-19)
Have been put back a few weeks on LunaC due to my daughter being ill and having to work on site, however, I am near to completing the Peargames Engine Level Editor by adding the YAL lightmapping code with great results.

I am just completing the dialog code in purebasic that will be used by the editor and once thats done, complete levels for LunaC and future Peargames levels can be built.

I will have screen shots soon, suffice to say all is progressing well and soon to follow LunaC will be a whole suite of exciting level based games.

Rob "Speccyman" Pearmain
Peargames

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48k

Peargames Game Engine(Posted 2003-03-09)
For those who have been asking me about LunaC. It has progressed well, and I am now at the level editing stage. However, I have been working on my own custom editor for LunaC and other Peargames released that, well, is awesome :-).

I am currently modifying it for loading of Prefabs, but it is an editor that allows a maplet created level to act as collision data (Set to entityalpha 0) in a game, and have complex scenary for the player to see.

For example, a ramp from maplet handles the collisons for a staircase, but I then have a proper staircase image as what the player sees.

Also, I have been working on a Menu engine to handle Save/Load games and Redefine key control functions.

This forms part of my Peargames engine (Which also controls game stages etc). This will make the production of my future games extremely rapid (Goal is one a month).

Watch this space

Rob "Speccyman" Pearmain
Peargames

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48k

LunaC - Level Editor(Posted 2003-02-21)
I have spent most of my time since my last post working on my level editior to quicken the creation of levels in LunaC.

The editor is now complete, a hybrid of Blitz3D and MFC through Userlibs. I will use this as the basis for all my future games so that level editing is no longer a headache.

I have completed the first 2 levels. only 18 to go.

Rob "Speccyman" Pearmain
Peargames

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48k

LunaC - Keys and Doors !!!(Posted 2003-02-04)
Just added the keys and doors:

Step 1:
Way is blocked, get the right coloured key

Step 2:
Get the key and your clear to move

Step 3:
Way is blocked again , get the right coloured key

Step 4:
The Robot is unleashed !!!

Step 5:
But if your quick you can now escape

Rob "Speccyman" Pearmain
Peargames

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48k

LunaC(Posted 2003-02-03)
Just some screenshots for you, I finally got my Robots animated and chasing poor Bubble Bob. Now all I have left is the levels and it's done !

Rob "Speccyman" Pearmain
Peargames

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48k

LunaC - Maplet/Decorator Have Saved Me(Posted 2003-01-27)
I was close to giving up on LunaC, the building of levels was just too hard.

Then I discovered Maplet/Decorator. Wow, back on schedule now. Screenshots below

Rob "Speccyman" Pearmain
Peargames

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48k

LunaC - True Toon Shading(Posted 2003-01-16)
As part of my LunaC/Toon Style game developments I have been playing around with refining shading so that it is accurate dependent on where the light source is, with no slowdown to Frames Per Second.

Here are some results:

Rob "Speccyman" Pearmain
Peargames

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48k

LunaC - Another rebuild(Posted 2003-01-09)
Since first writing LunaC it has gone through a number of restarts and changes to gameplay. I have quickly realised that I need to create a true game engine (Not physics, but front screen handler, key/control selection, save and load games etc) using types, and types withing types. If I do this then I can quickly manufacture games concentrating on the body of the game without being put off by the surrounding "bits".

Be patient LunaC fans, it's on its way :).

Plus, next week I get my new laptop. Gone is the 8MB ATI that was used to develop Turbotoons, arriving is my 64MB Geforce4 Mobility. Yeah baby, YEAH !!!!

Rob "Speccyman" Pearmain
Peargames

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48k

LunaC(Posted 2002-11-20)
LunaC - "Rebuilt, Remodelled and almost Ready to go", well i built most of the original game, and found it quite dull and difficult to create interesting levels.

So, I started again, applied proper 3d physics as well as creating a full text-sprite engine, and now LunaC is a really addictive fun platformer.

Here are 2 of the screens, 1 of the intro

, 1 of Level 4.

Just got Sound, Music, Config and the other levels to build (30 in all, currently building 5 a week, so in a month or so, LunaC should be available to buy) !!!

Rob "Speccyman" Pearmain
Peargames

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48k

LunaC - Level 1 Complete(Posted 2002-08-29)
The ingame music is done, and level 1 (The simple introductory level) is complete, except for the robot who is currently just another astronaut.

You can sample the music here

6 of the levels are designed on paper:
Level 1: Cape Canaveral, collect the keys (or something more apt when I get round to it) and blast off

Level 2: Entrance to the Lunar Mines
etc etc

I have also added a code page so that at the end of each level you get a level code that you can enter next time you play so that you don't have to go through all the levels each time.

Here is a Taster:
(By the way the framerate indicated is on my 8MB ATI Mobility laptop, horrible, horrible graphics card)

Screen 1: (Start point)

Screen 1: (Mid Jump)

Screen 3: (Enemy Approaches)

Screen 4: (Particle FX)

Rob "Speccyman" Pearmain
Peargames

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48k

LunaC - Game Update(Posted 2002-08-23)
Well the full game engine is completed, he runs, he dies, he loses lives, he completes levels, robots attack him, and particles fly hither and thither. The sound is in too, and full keyboard and gamepad control.

I need to do the music and then build each of the 20 levels for real.

Here is a Taster:
(By the way the framerate indicated is on my 8MB ATI Mobility laptop, horrible, horrible graphics card)

Screen 1 : Game Front End

Screen 2 : Dynamic Camera ala Mario64

Screen 3 : Got to get all those keys before your exit appears

Screen 4 : Watch the particles fly !

Rob "Speccyman" Pearmain
Peargames

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48k

LunaC - Main Player Update(Posted 2002-08-14)
Due to popular demand, I have removed the "sideburns" and made him into a proper spaceman.

Images are here:

From This

to this:

Rob "Speccyman" Pearmain
Peargames

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48k

LunaC - Progressing Well(Posted 2002-08-13)
Just a quick update to let you know how my new game for Idigicon is progressing. I have changed the main character as I wanted to go down the "toon" route of my previous game "Turbotoons" and I love Mario64 on the Nintendo and wanted to try and emulate that feel good running and jumping. Mixed with some Retro Manic Miner, where the levels all have names etc.

Here is a screen shot of the main character:

And here he is in action, running, jumping and taking a ride on the moving lifts.

Watch this space...

P.S. The low frame rate is due to:
a) Running in debug on an ATI Rage Mobility 8MB
b) Non Optimised

Rob "Speccyman" Pearmain
Peargames

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48k

LunaC(Posted 2002-07-23)
Feedback from my test download has been very positive.

I have implemented lifts and moving platforms which are working great. I am currently creating my level editor that takes my level model, and allows me to place lifts and collectable items etc in there so that the data is then saved out, and I can create them on the fly etc.

I am off to Canada at the weekend for a training course for work, so in the evenings I hope to devote a lot more time to the game, and when I return there should be a really good functional demo for you all to try out.

Rob "Speccyman" Pearmain
Peargames

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48k

Asagi - Now Lunar-C(Posted 2002-07-17)
Asagi renamed

Movement test/demo of my new game under development "Lunar-C"

Download it here.

Rob "Speccyman" Pearmain
Peargames

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48k

Asagi - Light Blue (Progress 2)(Posted 2002-06-24)
I have created the mesh for the main player of my game under development ASAGI. He needs texturing and animating, but here's a sneak preview.

You can see him in glorious 3d using Viewpoint 3D Viewer here

The game is coming along well, a mixture of 3d Manic Miner and Pacman. The Pacman maze game bit is finished, as is the code behind the 3D level bit, just patiently awaiting CShop for the levels, but may use Milkshape and Lightmapper.

Rob "Speccyman" Pearmain
Peargames

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48k

Asagi - Light Blue (Progress)(Posted 2002-06-06)
Well, I had a nice relaxing weekend, actually got a couple of hours in the sun, amazing for a British Bank Holiday.

Had plenty of time to play around with some of the concepts for Asagi. I have decided to move away from the original idea of having a 3d manic miner type character after seeing the screen shots from the up and coming Tron 2.0, which is frankly amazing and more like what I was planning to do.

So, thanks to Arjen (PokeyBimbo) for his advance on how to do scrolling terrains like on PokeyEdit and Black&White (Hand pulling the map), I have knocked together a concept app that allows me to pick 3d objects off the screen, and drag a map around.

The idea of the game is going to be a bit like a 3d missile command, with Warcraft type control, where you will have bases on a grid with enemies advancing toward them. Using your 3d hand you need to select the bases to attack from and then select enemies to fire at, all in real time. Upon successful defence, you move onto the next level etc. As soon as the concept is down in code I will post a demo.

I want to work on a decent particle fx engine and implement this and get all the 3d camera movement right. So, a couple of weeks and a demo should be available.

Here is the new logo:

Rob "Speccyman" Pearmain
Peargames

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48k

Asagi - Light Blue(Posted 2002-05-21)
"Asagi" is a Japanese word meaning Light Blue. Asagi is also the name of the game I am beginning development on.
Following the success of Turbotoons (http://www.kooldog.co.uk/) to be released around Q3, I wanted to step back from the traditional "Hanna Barbera" cartoon look and feel and create a game featuring Japanese Anime/Manga style art.
So, I ordered myself 2 guides on how to draw Marvel, Anime and Manga action characters, especially for games. Once I have mastered the basic drawing techniques, I will sketch out the characters, and the settings. Next, I will build the 3D characters and then add them to the game.
The game? Well, it is working with spheres and cubes currently, and is a mixture of Manic Miner, ZUB and Tron.
So far this is the basic storyline:

"akaguroi" (Dark Red), the restraining govermental software to regulate the Net!

Set in the near future, the world's governments are planning to control the Internet, filtering and classifying all information, and deeming it worthy or unworthy for people to view. As ace hacker Kai Taylor, you have written the freedom virus, capable of infiltrating all previously free information and permanently destroying the restraints imposed.
Using Virtual Reality, Kai must immerse himself into the Net, and negotiate the network to deliver the virus to the main servers, avoiding the anti-virus software set in place to stop him.
The game will be played from 3rd Person view, and Kai must traverse platforms, collect access keys, avoid the enemy and deliver the virus on ever increasing difficulty levels.
Soon the rulership of Dark Red will be no more, it's up to you to make the net Light Blue .... ASAGI !!!!!

Rob "Speccyman" Pearmain
Peargames

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48k

Turbotoons in final testing(Posted 2002-05-17)
Well Turbotoons is being tested by Guildhall as we speak, ready for imminent release.

Thanks to the following who contributed to this game:

John Blythe (Groovy levels and graphix)
George Bray (For backing the game)

And all those who have given me positive feedback during its development.

Now it's time to rest. I am going to spend a lot of time learning Milkshape, CharacterFX and Unwrap3D. I have been studying books on cartoon movement and animation, anime and manga so my next game will be a kind of 3D Head Over Heels, TRON, manic miner kind of game, lots of rooms with puzzle solving etc.

zzzzzzz

Rob "Speccyman" Pearmain
Peargames

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48k

Turbotrax now Turbotoons(Posted 2002-05-03)
Due to a conflict with the name of an old Amiga game from 1995, the name has changed to a more apt and I feel better title

TURBOTOONS !!!!!

In the final stages of making the game multilanguage and waiting on the new game range logos, Turbotoons will be with you shortly.

Here is a screen shot to whet your appetite !

Rob "Speccyman" Pearmain
Peargames

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48k

Turbotrax - Latest Screenshots(Posted 2002-04-04)
The images below show the island, north pole and MCP levels !

Should be finished end of March, beta 0.2 coming soon !!!

Rob "Speccyman" Pearmain
Peargames

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48k

Turbotrax - Beta Feedback Fixes(Posted 2002-03-26)
Thanks to the massive amount of emails I recieved regarding Turbotrax Beta 0.1, 98% positive (You know who you are 2% ;-) ).

Suffice to say, I have fixed the recognised bugs. To avoid getting stuck you have a reverse key that instantly reverses you out of a sticky situation.

No longer can you skid in midair, and no longer can you skid into infinity !!!!

i have not release the new beta, as i have been getting updates on the models. The island now has a skybox which finishes it off nicely, and I am adding the MCP level at the end of the island levels.

Once these are in, Beta 2 will be release (Probably Friday)

Many thanks for your continued support

Rob "Speccyman" Pearmain
Peargames

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48k

Turbotrax - Beta 0.1 Release(Posted 2002-03-22)
click here or open a new browser and go to:

http://www.blitzcoder.com/cgi-bin/showcase/showcase_showentry.pl?id=robpearmain03222002043544&comments=no

Beta 0.1 is ready for testing. Please send me your Frames Per Second (Press F in game) and let me know your PC Specification

Rob "Speccyman" Pearmain
Peargames

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48k

Turbotrax - Latest Screenshots(Posted 2002-03-21)
Latest screenshots of Turbotrax, soon to be released by Kooldog.

These shots are of the first world, "Paradise Island", and the front screen

All music, sounds done. Everything working, just busy getting the models in ;-)

Rob "Speccyman" Pearmain
Peargames

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48k

Turbotrax - Bus Screenshot(Posted 2002-03-13)
The game is almost complete, the front end is all done (Thanks Mr. Blythe) and I am finishing off vehicle models and music.

Here is one of the models from the City Level:

Rob "Speccyman" Pearmain
Peargames

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48k

Turbotrax - Screenshot(Posted 2002-03-05)
Here is a screenshot from World 1 Level 1 in Turbotrax. The game is there, with all worlds and levels, all modelling done, jsut some finishing touches needed.

I am working on the front end (Boring) and then it will be ready for demoing and release by Kooldog in May.

Rob "Speccyman" Pearmain
Peargames

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48k

Peargames - Turbotrax Artwork Online(Posted 2002-02-11)
I have uploaded some of the artwork Kayode has done for the Turbotrax model designs. You can view it here

Rob "Speccyman" Pearmain
Peargames

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48k

Peargames - Turbotrax - On Schedule for April !!!(Posted 2002-02-08)
Updated the level loading code for Turbotrax. Now everything is there, the various screens to play the game, lose a life, game over, level complete etc .... everything. All the level loading system is in place, so what's next

Vehicle Models
Collectable Models
Level Models
Particle FX
Graphics Interface for various screens
Sound
Music
Testing
RELEASE TO THE PUBLIC UNDER THE KOOLDOG LABEL !!!!! (April 2002)
Watch this space, another week and I should have artwork and screenshots for all to view

Rob "Speccyman" Pearmain
Peargames

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48k

Peargames - Turbotrax(Posted 2002-02-06)

My new website is up and you can access it here

We are signed up to produce a game called Turbotrax to be released by Guildhall in April. Read all about it here, find some good links and download freebies.

I shall update you on Turbotrax development soon...

Rob "Speccyman" Pearmain
Peargames

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48k