Worklog for Idiot

Worklog 1

Return to Worklogs

Yes, really(Posted 2005-10-23)
Some kind person *legally* named "Dburnell01" emailed me this:

------------------
Hello,

I am a fan of Super Moron Idiot and I was just wondering if you were going to continue working on it. I really like the game and I hope to see it in full form.

thanks,
Dburnell01
------------------

See, one email. Just one. And I worked on the game and posted an update. If I met people who downloaded my game on the street, they would say something like, "How's the game coming along?" or, "I liked such and such" or "You are a waste of matter." But because we are all connected with the one interweb, for some reason it drives us apart. We are nothing more than blips on an IM client, "Idiot logged on"/"Idiot logged off." It's just a virtual pulse that says I am probably not dead yet. REQ/ACK.

On the flip side, with no Internet no one would have downloaded the game in the first place.

The point is... I forget now.

Moving on, I don't know what was added since the last update, but I just put in a look-ahead camera so you aren't always centered on the screen. It wasn't as tricky as it sounds, but it was trickier than it didn't sound.

I also updated moron's running animation and added a toilet swirl animation.

I can only hope there will be more to come, or I guess could work on it instead.

--==http://www.planetidiot.com/games==--
XP Home SP2 - P4 1.6GHz - 640MB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT

Old updates from my old BlitzCoder worklog(Posted 2005-10-23)
06/01/2003
... uh... something clever

Work continues on the graphics initialization crap. It seems pretty well wrapped up now, but I'm going to have it re-init each world as opposed to each level, since it was the over-map that was causing this issue anyway. This also opens the door/can of worms to where I could have all new backgrounds/enemies/etc. for each world, if I felt the urge.

05/18/2003
appy birthday to me
H

Ok, so I've been a lazy little boy. I have my reasons though... I hit a memory issue where if you close & load images a lot bad things happen. In fact, I'm in the middle of another weird issue in trying to solve the previous issue.

A lot of recoding needs to be done for the whole graphics initializations, and a lot of testing needs to be done on those fixes. It is not fun.

I have been retweaking the levels to be less frustrating though which is a lot easier than the other issues. If I can make it through this I can probably finish the game one day. I hope.

12/03/2002
WHEW.

Boss finished, bugs fixed, levels tweaked, new release coming.

12/01/2002
Blech

Ok, the boss is pretty much finished. I added sound effects and all that nonsense. I still need to add some sort of "activate the boss if you get to it" thing.

And somethings wacky with the old platforms now, must fix. Other stuff.

More and more I'm thinking I need a more functional title/options screen... I'll see how long I can put that off for.

11/25/2002
Bossy!

He's almost done! The boss now does the following:

+Animates
+Generates nose goblins
+Nose goblins attack & can be killed
+Has animated stompable "Weak spot"
+Pauses after you hit weak spot

A brief list of things needed still (all easy):

-Add ouchy collision
-Make him move back & forth
-Activate boss when you get near him
-Kill boss after 3 hits or whatever
-Generate exit key after beating boss
-Boss SFX

I will probably tweak out the graphics because they were done quickly, but he should be functional soon.

11/24/2002
Metroid Metroid Metroid

Ok, it's grown on me. But if I have to do one more freaking jumping puzzle where the penalty for missing a jump is watching a 30 second cut scene and starting all over I swear I'm going to jump in front of a blimp.

Wait, this is a work log. Oops. I'm adding ... duhn duhn duhn DAAAAH: The first boss!!! It's not as easy as adding a new level, but it's coming along. Thanks to my friend Bart for the idea. Well ideas. Two seperate ideas I combined to form Mega-Idea. I never thought I could turn the song "Vestigial Sister" into anything other than a recurring nightmare. Leave it to the true Nispy fans to give the good ideas. I hope to have it working soon :)

11/20/2002
Civ III Multiplayer owns my life

But I've managed to do *some* work. I more or less finished up level 1-4, except for the boss who I don't know who is yet. I made it so enemies die when they touch lava or whatever :)

Also, the collapsing platforms fall apart in the direction you run in. Did some other fixes. I forget what. :P

11/19/2002
zzzzZZZSNORT!!! Wha? Football practice!

Oh... never mind. So I was squashing some bugs and adding death music thanks to Moron who finally sent me the midi file. But I think the death music needs to be a digital sound clip since Blitz insists on looping midi's maniacally. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad it loops them. It didn't used to, and now the ChannelPlaying command is all @#!;ed up with midi so there wouldn't be anyway to loop them otherwise. I just wish you could use all the normal PlaySound & LoopSound commands with midi. And have it work. With no glitches.

That's it, nothing exciting. But one has to fix bugs and such. You have to break a few eggs if life hands you flies with lemonaide. Or something.

11/18/2002
ZZzzzzz...

I stayed up late last night working on level 1-4.

I have 2 new types of cheese platforms, horizontally and vertically sliding platforms (they ping-pong back & forth) and they work great. I found however that sometimes you would get to a part of the level and the platform would be off the screen, making it less-than-clear what you were supposed to do. So, I added count-down tiles that show you how many tiles away the platform is. It's a simple thing, but kinda cool anyway.

I think I have about a third of the level completed. Just think... I'll have to come up with a boss for the end of it 8)

11/17/2002
los trabajos de la llave.

I'm not sure that makes sense. But I now have keys and locks working. There are 6 key colors that match 6 lock colors. Yay.

One major question as a result of this is, do keys carry from one round to the next? If so, I'll have to keep a record of all the locks you unlocked and all the keys you picked up, so it stays consistant when levels get reloaded. I think it would be more interesting to carry keys from round to round and level to level, but it will certainly be more work and more bug checking. It's one to sit on for a while.

Alternatively, maybe you can carry keys over, but locks (and keys) regenerate each time you enter the level. So, if you got a blue key on 1-1, and carried it to 1-3 to use it, the next time you went to 1-3 the lock would return, and so you would have to return to 1-1 to get another key. Not an ideal solution, but it wouldn't be too bad.

In other development news, collapsing platforms pretty much work how I want 'em too. You have to run across 'em quickly or they fall down -- taking you with them! Wow! A break through in 2D gaming excitement! 'Cep'n' for it's not!

Sigh... the end of another weeked.

11/14/2002
No big whoop

I'm adding collapsing floors. It will take some work, but it will be cool. As I'm making this 4th level I'm getting all sorts of ideas. Also I want to add different types of moving platforms, like side to side ones. Mainly I've been working on graphics and stuff for more content.

11/13/2002
More more more

I fixed the special items, they were goofing. Also I made the levels bigger up & down... you probably won't see any change in the current level set, but the new vertical space will be taken advantage of in other levels. Speaking of other levels, I got started on level 1-4, which is going to be some sort of castle or other. There is also a world 1-9 which is kind of a warp-to area where you can collect bonuses & stuff.

I'm thinking I need to make the paths between levels only traversable if there is an exit to the other level, as opposed to a warp. The difference here is if you warp from 1-1 to 1-9 via a warp toilet, you should not be able to "walk" from one to the other on the over map. However, if you finish stage 1-1 and get to 1-2, you should be able to walk from one to the other. This shouldn't be too hard to add in.

11/12/2002
Slow but steady wins the race!
(VROOOM! VROOOM-VROOOM! VROOOOOM!)

Ok, I got connectors between the round locations on the map, and also made toilets able to put you anywhere if they warp you to another round. This way there can be multiple entrances to different rounds, and they can start you in different locations.

Also tweaked a few levels out and fixed some bugs introduced by all this madness. Whew! Now, possibly on to more game content...

11/11/2002
I'm stuck on toilets!

Yeah, I guess I'm weird like that. So I added some random junk that can come out of toilets (no, not Mr. Hanky) -- some with sound effects, and also added the ability for toilets to hide "special items" ... well, keys any way. Keys will unlock something. Maybe a toilet, maybe a door, I don't know yet. But it will unlock some kind of a dealy-ma-bob.

This done, I think the next logical step is to get the overmap more functional and step up content creation. So, hopefully that translates into a whole first world! Of course, that will take a while. I probably won't release an update until a good chunk of work is done.

11/06/2002
WhawhaWHAAAT?

Regular updates? Ok, maybe two in a row isn't regular. I need more BlitzBran or something. Anyway.

Uhhhh, right, so now you can go down toilets and skip to different stages. This is no big thingy, but it's one more function the toilets serve. Hey, at least it's progress, right?

11/05/2002
I'm a lazy boy

I didn't know it had been a freaking month... geez. Well, I was working on WordYo, but until George can catch up on his email and tell me that I'm goin to make a bajillion dollars, I don't think I can motivate myself to work on that game.

So I started in on SMI again. I rewrote the toilet code, so now I can define toilets to do different things in the editor. Also, I made it take a bit longer to get your speed up, it could be good or bad. I haven't decided yet.

I fixed some bug where the llamas would come up if you were next to them. Naughty llamas.

10/07/2002
Stuff

Began toilet rewrite to support future sneaky super secret stuff that rules the head of yon hither freaks and spankers. I should really go to bed now.

10/02/2002
@#!;ing Dell

I hate Dell. Well, my computer is alive again no thanks to them, and I managed to squeeze in a bit of coding last night.

I've changed the way exits are handled, which was probably needed, but I'm going to do toilets differently too to handle exiting, or containing specific powerups. Plus I'll be making it so I can paste a whole toilet down in the editor instead of drawing them one freaking tile at a time.

But, uhhh, exits. Yeah. So now there's going to be finish lines and those doors are just decoration. I'm debating if I should have some sort of bonus thing some how when you finish (like how in Mario you would jump for the flag pole/bar/prize box). I'll probably leave it and do any bonus stuff on a seperate screen (like a slot machine or something).

09/24/2002
Yippy-yoo

A rough over-map is in place. It will show the current position in the world. I need to rework how exits are incorporated into the game, I think I'll add it into the editor so it'll be easier to manage all the level exits. Then I can draw connecting lines between all the different areas you've visited. But it's late. Homer sleep now.

9/23/2002
Where does the time go?

Weird. Well, I just finished the new powerup and it was a good chunk of work. For the heck of it I threw in an extra life power up too. Did some work on the maps and whatnot.

Next I'll try to tackle the over maps, (the code at least) and a bug with the sandwich/1-up where they don't collision detect with floors/walls nicely.

09/10/2002
Continuence

Is that a word? Anyway, working on putting in a new power-up. I also narrowed the toilet-go-down zone so you can't sneak around llamas as easy.

The new powerup is going to take some doing. I reeeally want to do an over-map, but it would take some work and not be very accurate for long... maybe I should just put the code in and a crappy map for now. Each level could have a x,y marker on the map once you get to that level. This way I can have multiple exits on different levels. I could also have multiple entrances as well... so if you left a level through a toilet and came back, it would start you at that toilet. Anyway, it's all speculation at this point. What's a design doc again?

09/06/2002
Can't wait!

Sorry, I know it's a minor update, but.. HERE'S AN UPDATE ANYWAY!!!

I got the toilets working w/ sfx, axed a few bugs and got all excited-like. I think I wet 'em.

Anyway, new update for your downloading play-czar.

09/04/2002
Onward...

Well, you can now go down toilets. Sorta. The code was acting up so I'm still looking into it. Basically, toilets will act as "warps" to eachother. I can create subzones within the level that you can warp to, and in the future I can add warping to other places too I guess.

I also drew a new powerup... the fishing pole. It doesn't do anything yet. I'm gonna get the toilets working first.

In other random news, a game artist friend of mine swears he will do some art for the game. We shall see... we shall see...

08/30/2002
Excuses, excuses

So I was working on my "Stupidest Game" contest entry. Sue me. I haven't forgotten about SMI! Work shall continue.

07/31/2002
Eh-ehm

I suppose I should explain the halting of updates, I'm in the process of moving, and you know how that is. Should be all wrapped up in a week though.

07/09/2002
Still at it

I redrew the trout enemy to look more like a dead trout and less like a dead dolphin last night. I also tweaked its animation speed to flap its wings faster as it goes up and slow as it falls. I still need to make it turn and face you.

I think next I'll work on a less vestigial score board; at least put some icons up for health, etc. I also really want to get the toilet sub-zones in the game, which should be an adventure and a half. I'm about to take another leap into making the way the game plays out more final. Planning is in order... :S

07/09/2002
After a much needed break...

I have returned from NY and did a few significant additions to the game while I was there, so I'll just list 'em:

One-way floors - I don't really know what to call these, but they're in every platform game known to man. You can jump up through them, but you walk on them. Needs a bit of tweaking, but it works for the most part.

Enemies turn around if they bump into each other

Tweaked stomping routing - harder to stomp enemies when not actually stomping down. Before you could jump and stomp enemies even if you were underneath them :S

Added flying dead trout enemy - he's a dead trout with wings that flies up and down

Added moving platforms! - Yaaay. Right now there are just up/down wrapping platforms of cheese, but the code is ready for adding side-to-side platforms and others.

Fixed enemy-hit-you-through-wall glitch - nobody found this bug: if you are backed against a wall and an enemy hits you, he can knock you *through* the wall resulting in naughty problems. This is fixed.

New demo should be forthcoming soon or something.

06/24/2002
Gaaahh!

Something went weird and I lost the new level checkpoint graphics... and the game is crashing and doing weird things. I think I some how overwrote all the levels & level graphics with the previous version. I have no idea how it happened, or the extent of the damage. I don't think it's too bad though...

UPDATE:
Got it all back up to date... that was weird.

06/16/2002
Duh duh duuuuh

The demo is released, well, it was a few days ago but you wouldn't know it. I'm gonna hold off probably longer for the next demo.

Today I completed mid-level check points, which can actually be anywhere, and there can be any number of them. I added a personal llama death noise also. I'm not sure what a dying llama sounds like, but that's probably not that important. I centralized the tile type detection code, so next time I add something like checkpoint blocks it will be easier to put in. That's about it.

On an unrelated note, I got my Afterburner installed on my GBA and now I can see the screen! But I can't see the bottom of the screen because the light thingy is too high. I'll try to fix it, and probably break it in the process.

06/12/2002
Almost there..!

I worked a few more bugs out last night. The Belly Monster behaves properly now, I fixed a bug where you could end up halfway inside of a brick, and touched up the enemy display code. I also put some more touches on the levels and lowered your terminal velocity so you can navigate pits with spikeys.

Whew! After some more testing, it may be ready for a 3 level demo release.

06/11/2002
Hi again

I've got a rough draft set of 3 levels working, all with custom "middle layer" parallax tiles. Creating them has given me more ideas as I had suspected. This thing has a way of snow balling...

Anyway, I'm trying to resolve some issues such as: Jumping Jimmy Jackass not facing you when you are to the right of him (same for Belly Monster), Belly Monster not taking vertical distance into effect before charging at you, and uh... other stuff. I forgot now. This worklog thingy is distracting.

06/07/2002
Allo Dair Pholx

Much work was done last night (and the night before). There are now up to 3 layers of parallax. This will be controllable as I noticed the large 256x256 tiled middle layer slowed the game down on my laptop. But it runs beautifully on my 1.6 GHz P4 (and it damn well better!).

I've been focusing on content, so most of the work has been graphical. I have middle layer tile sets for level 1-1 and 1-2, which I can reuse on future levels. I've added spikes that are bad to hit and other forground tiles that aren't that interesting to talk about.

I've decided NOT to put the middle layer into the level editor for now. I may not put it in at all honestly. The maps are only like 25x6 or something, so it really doesn't seem worth the effort to code it in. It's easier just to hard-code them.

Now that the levels are huge, it takes a few sessions just to get them to a point where I'm happy with them. The good part is, I'm really getting a feel for the types of things the game is lacking. This thing could really pan out into something bigger than what I originally thought, without too much more effort.

Once I have about four rounds complete, I think I'll upload a new WIP demo. It has come so far that I think it would be practically a new experience for most people.

06/05/2002
Off we go...

Well I started the first draft for world 1-1. It is outdoors and is probably the most similar a level will get to old skool mario. It departs from that quickly though, and I'm really liking the added height the levels have.

I'm also getting some ideas as to what might make the game better now that I'm dealing with real levels. I definately need more interesting enemies, the current ones aren't going to hold anyone's attention for an entire game. I've really been toying with the idea of more complicated paralax, that is, making a background editor instead of just tiling an image. This would mean more editor work, but I'm not convinced it wouldn't be worth doing. I also need more powerups, and I think I'm going to have to implement moving platforms of some type. All in all, it will mean more changes to the editor and game engine in the long run, but I suppose I'll burn that bridge when I come to it. Or something.

06/04/2002
YEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAH!

I thought this would take forever and a day, but it was a lot less painful than I imagined... SMI now scrolls VERTICALLY as well as horizonally. I'm not talking that fake vertical thing I was doing, it's a big honkin' map now. Well, as big and as honkin' as I end up making it. I had to completely gut every line of code that involved drawing, collision detecting, or anything else involving x,y coords, but it works! Gotta love working on 2 year old code. Anyway, I think game content can officially start.

Not that I'm done with the rest of the stuff by any means, but that smaller-than-mario map was really limiting me. I have some new ideas, and I think draft one of the levels can begin. Hap!

06/03/2002
I'm all sun-burny

But the good news is I put in more work this weekend. There are a few more sound effects, stomp-multiplier-bonus-points (and 1-up after 5 stomps), control tweaks, little score message thingies, and stuff.

Your jump height is now determined by your actual speed, not by whether you are holding down the run button. Also, you must slow down before turning around! Mario did this, and while it makes control a little less precise, it makes over-compensation more difficult (this was a problem for a quite a few people). That means, you'd try to jump on a little platform, miss it, hit the opposite direction to try and land on it again, miss it again, turn back, land on it, freak out that you were going to run off the side and spaz back and forth until you ran off the edge. I guess there is a such thing as too much control.

I made the apples spin correctly depending on direction and sped them up a bit too. Hopefully I'll get more work done tonight, I'm getting really impatient and want to start actual game content soon!

05/29/2002
WHEW!

Almost threw a fit last night tracking down another bug. It blows my mind how these things slip past me sometimes. Well, at least I'm working on it pretty regularly these days.

UPDATE:
Finally, perfect collision on "bumping" enemies when you hit the brick under them. No huge deal, but it was something that was irritating me for a while now.

05/28/2002
Erg

Fixed two more bugs... these things are bound to happen when you are editing 2 year old code. "But the earliest update you have on here is from 08/09/2001!" you say? Well, BlitzCoder wasn't always around, mind you. I'm looking at SuperMoronIdiotv19a.bb here with a modified date of 10/19/2000. It won't even run because the music and sound commands changed. Also, there used to be a command called "FindGfxMode(x,y,c)" which isn't around any more.

It's really saddening to me how little has actually changed since then. I've added a few more enemies & items, cleaned up the code a few times, but that's about it. Sigh. I wish I could take 10 years off of work. Maybe I'll go play the lottery with 1-2-3-4-5-6 and see what happens.

UPDATE:
Fixed a couple more things. The Sandwich collides with walls better now too.

05/27/2002
Yeehoo!

Spent a few days getting those nutty bugs out and in doing so I completely rewrote the way items are handled in the save file & editor. So if anyone made any maps with the editor (probably not?) they won't work with future versions.

BUT brick "bumping" is now working properly with no more item glitches. Next I'll probably look into why the sandwich powerup is fruity, and keep you from getting the apple the instant you hit the brick (sometimes happens).

05/25/2002
I'm as happy as a clam

A happy clam, that is. I gots more work done today. I've been convinced through the forum to keep new uploads few and far between so people actually have something new to play.

Anyway, I've got the old skool Mario brick "bumping" working, so you actually get visual feedback when you hit a brick. Pretty neato. This will make it much more accurate when I check if you are bumping underneath an enemy (or item?). Anyway, in the process of doing that the whole item/brick code is a lot cleaner.

I'm not sure why I went off on a tangent to work on a part of the game I never planned on putting in, but whatever. It looks cool and makes the game a little friendlier now that you can see if you actually hit the brick you think you did.

I keep getting the urge to put in a real title screen, but I'm fighting it to make the game better first.

UPDATE:
Just found that something has introduced a strange new bug. Blocks appearing like you got powerups in strange places :S Well, I'll look into it next time.

05/22/2002
Ouch

My boss turned 40 yesterday. So I went out drinking with him and some folx from work. I think I had one too many margaritas. Ugh. Short story shorter: No progress. For this, I am truly sorry.

05/21/2002
Ugh.

Finally got on my computer again and managed to squeeze out another hour of coding. So, version .039a or something is available. I can't wait for my vacation in July... I'm just gonna take my laptop up to my parent's lake house in NY and code on the patio overlooking the bay. A beer in my hand and my minidisc player with headphones on to block out everyone nagging me to go somewhere and do some boring crap. Ahhhh.

Anyway, this update adds apples and makes the thing playable again without that stutter bug. That sounds funny. "Stutterbug." Anyway, you spit apples like how you thew the fireballs that somehow came out of a flower on Super Mario Bros. I never worry about things not making sense in this game, because they made no sense in Mario. I remember reading the NES instruction manual when I was in 5th grade and laughing my booty off. Something about Mario the plumber having to save the princess of the mushroom kingdom from the evil turtle king. And all the mushroom people were turned into bricks. Yes, bricks. So everytime you smash a brick in mario, you're killing some innocent mushroom-person. And then there's the mushroom that makes you big for some reason. And the flower that makes you shoot fire. The happy clouds, the 8 bowser clones, and the flagpole. I never understood that. But it didn't matter. It was fun, and that's all I'm aiming for with SMI.

05-17-2002
Lordy.

So I busted my butt to get all my work done yesterday so I could go home early (that is, an hour late) and work on the game only to find that there's plastic covering everything in the computer room because the owner of the house (my roommate's dad) decided to paint a bunch of rooms. I'm pretty sure that's not legal, but whatever. Point being I was gonna work on the game but I couldn't for reasons beyond my (and her) control.

05-16-2002
Oops.

I did no work last night. This entry is just to make me feel like a horrible, horrible person who cares more about his own selfish Resident Evil game on the Gamecube than he does the trillions of Super Moron Idiot fans who stay up in a cold sweat all night waiting for an update. I would lash myself with a belt tonight when I get home as punishment, but then I wouldn't be working on the game again, and then I'd be in double dog trouble.

05/15/2002
Hi-diddly-ho neighbor-ino's!

Well, no feedback on the apples so I'm going to trust my in-stinks and like, uh, do stuff. I've got the apples shooting and killing and maiming. They kind of blast through the enemies right now, like some sort of high-powered beam apple, but that'll change. I'd like to see them explode with bits of apple littering the levels, which could slow things down. Maybe I'll add a "level-of-apple" control to the options menu. I should probably add an options menu first though.

On the music front, the music man Pierre Dupree (french for "Peter Of Pree") is finishing his bastards degree or something this week, so he'll supposedly be available for giving me more music.

I'd like to throw a percentage completage at you, but I'd be pulling it out of my bo-hiney. Let's just say I need a few more power ups, a bunch more enemies, some more fixes here and there, more sound effects, a title & options screen, game over screen, high score list and *then* I can start doing level design and what not. Not to mention bosses. Ugh. It'll probably be another year :(

05/13/2002
Wattup foolz?

Did some more work this weekend, hoping to have a new build this week. Due to the new midi glitch, the songs won't loop until: A) There's a new Blitz fix or B) I'm finished with the game and sit down to compute the length of each finalized song in milliseconds so I can hard-code a music looping routine.

In the next update look for:
Apples!
No stuttering (seen in last update)

I am taking suggestions for the way the apple powerup is handled:

-Should you require underwear before you can get the apple?

-If so, what if you have underwear, then make the apple powerup appear, then lose underwear, then get the apple? Should you still get the apple powerup, or just treat it like underwear?

-If you get hit should you lose both? If not, which should you lose first?

-Should the apple be fired with the run button? Or with a separate button?

You know how to reach me to lemme know :)

05/09/2002
Oooh, a worklog thing! Huh huh... I said log.

Well here's the scoop: There's an issue with SMI now, going back to my insistence on using midi files. The new Blitz update that fixed the previous midi issues has introduced a new one. You can't loop midi in Blitz so I have to check repeatedly to see if the music has stopped playing. Every time I do this in the new Blitz version, it causes a slight pause on "slower" systems (I hate calling a 700MHz system slow).

As far as work goes, I was in the middle of adding the Apple power-up when I thought I'd release a new version to address the previous music issue. The apple power-up will act like the fire flower from Mario. The game was lacking a projectile attack, and Apples were the logical choice. "Apples" was one of the original Nispy songs, and my favorite Nispy song. Idiot will get red apples, and moron will get green apples. I haven't decided if you will need the underwear on your head to get the apples (like how Mario needed the mushroom before getting the flower). On the one hand, it adds some more value to not getting hurt, but on the other hand, it doesn't make any sense. Not like "Super Moron Idiot" makes any sense...

There will probably be another update when the Blitz issue gets resolved. Mark is always so good about those things. In the mean time, check out some free Nispy mp3's from our mp3.com page and fill in the form with fake info if they ask for your name and stuff. They make enough money gouging CD sales by 50%, they don't need your personal info for spam marketing. I recommend downloading "Llama," it's a classic, and also my favorite Nispy song.

Updates:
05/07/2002 - Space llama no longer pops up if you are on/near a toilet. Apple item graphic is in (can't get it yet). Compiled with new Blitz version -- this fixed the music glitch (Thanks Mark!).

03/14/2002 - New enemy: The space llama! For some reason he lives in the toilets and you can't stomp him because he's a SPACE llama. Or something. Also I added some secret cheat codes... heh heh heh.
03/12/2002 - New powerups, sound effects and more! It plays more like a game now... you can die and progress through the levels. Lots of updates!
03/03/2002 - Coins are grabbable, new purple land squid enemy, control pad support, minor vertical scroll, invincible for a sec after enemy hits, other stuff.
02/16/2002 - Refined the enemy routines (Belly Monster is now killable)
02/11/2002 - Smashing bricks gives items, invisible item bricks added
08/09/2001 - Enor-moose speed improvement

--==http://www.planetidiot.com/games==--
XP Home SP2 - P4 1.6GHz - 640MB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT