Worklog for _Monk_

Worklog 1

Return to Worklogs

Palumalu killed(Posted 2003-04-21)
Yeps. Palumalu is no more. Sorry! It was almost finished, too. But that's life sometimes.

Hopefully there will be another type of game, but since I cannot be sure (and can't promise anything) yet, I won't write anything here before something concretical really exists.

Things are looking good though..

- Monk

Mr. Palumalu(Posted 2002-06-30)

It was the year 1983 (or so). I finally saved enough money to get Commodore 16, my first computer! Oh, how excited I was! The first game I bought for it was Mr. Puniverse. A great platformer.

Now, almost twenty years later I decided to make a tribute to that game - Mr. Palumalu.

This game is a 2D platformer, with poor graphics but good atmosphere. It's not ready yet though.. but close.

The first version is a free version, featuring 6 levels only .. the commercial version will cost probably around 5-10 dollars / euros ..

I am not working alone, actually most of the code is done by the coder of our group, Kiba. He is a genius, and without him, this project would never be in this state.

The six levels are now done, most of the tiles are ready and it just misses some graphics, sounds, and general tweaking.. we are currently (actually as I write this :)) working on the energy bar..

Some curious bugs still await solving though.. heh.. I could send some screenshots but as it only has six levels, it's better to see it in all it's glory when it's ready. This is going to be just a nice, little, oldskool-type game with lots of atmosphere and energy and playability, but not much anything else.. don't expect anything fancy.. just simple fun like the good games of the 80's!

(hm, why does this worklog sound like a commercial? :) sorry!)

- Monk