Worklog for Weetbix

Worklog 1

Return to Worklogs

tank model finished(Posted 2006-07-18)
Finished the tank model, and put it ingame aswell. It comes to about 20k polys .

mainly just some small detail changes and additions.

in game!

Tank Game Worklog

Update on the tank model(Posted 2006-07-18)
update:

Tank Game Worklog

HUD(Posted 2006-07-18)
Finshed the HUD system, I was over analising how i was going to do moving bars etc, when I realised Its simple just to drawn rect's on the screen :D

Of course there is no health system yet ;) but i wanted to get the HUD out of the way. So now my main objective is to finish the tank model below and UV map it.

Tank Game Worklog

Progress(Posted 2006-07-18)
This is a tank model I'm currently working on for my tank game. I started with no reference then I started slightly basing it on a js2.

Iv also started on my own HUD system for this and other games, Its been hard because its a learning experience and something iv not done before. I had some trouble but i posted and many people were willing to help me. Right now im working on getting moving bars in the HUD , I figure iv got 2 ways to go about this, i can either use the current system to create another box and scale that one apropriatly or i could drawn directly onto the texture whenever the health changes, although I think this might lag a bit.

Tank Game Worklog

Hey hey(Posted 2006-07-17)
This is my first worklog and my first worklog entry.

Well, what I basically plan to do is create a tank type game that revolves around large terrains and blowing things up. Its heavily inspired by battle tanks 2 :)

So far what i have is the base code for the tank and the terrain system with the tank interacting with the terrain moving over it etc.
The terrain has been generated with l3dt and the tank model iv made myself. This is the first tank model that will later be removed , I just made it quickly and didnt use any reference, its actually quite a badly designed tank ;)

Heres a few screen shots, not much but its coming along:

Tank Game Worklog