Worklog for Blueapples

Davey

Return to Worklogs

Lighting(Posted 2010-02-07)
Just added some rudimentary lighting. I'd like to get a bit of a gradient on the lighting effect, will see about doing that. However the cube shaped lighting sort of matches the style of the art - nothing else that's square in the game is really square in real life. Maybe I'll just leave it the way it is.

Quite a bit of other stuff has been completed as well at this point - switches and timers, cloud type levels, four direction map and a few other random things. The feature list I've got in my notes is getting longer but is still quite doable. Just need to sit down and pick a few things for each level and then design them out.

Dave 3 - with build(Posted 2010-01-31)
Okay, one more set of shots... and a build! Try it out yourself! See the key controls after download instructions:

Mac users:
Download Davey3.mac.zip. Unpack it somewhere and double-click "Davey" inside it - it should be the only file with a blue BlitzMax icon and has a blue finder highlight. I'll clean up the Mac version pretty soon so it's a bit easier to run.

Windows users:
Download Davey3.sfx.exe and just run it. It will unpack itself into a temporary directory and cleanup after it's done running.

Controls:
Arrows Move
B Throw a boomerang - tip: the boomerang can collect objects for you
Space Jump
D Turn on debug - drops framerate considerably

I need some sleep
Hope you enjoy. I'm going to bed now.

First screenshot(Posted 2010-01-30)
Lots of work remaining. Currently the game loads and displays a single "screen" - with the following working:

- Boomerang weapon
- Collision with NPC takes away a life
- Jumping on an NPC kills it
- Boomerang collision kills NPCs