Worklog for Ibmurai

Worklog 1

Return to Worklogs

Project on hold(Posted 2005-09-17)
I'm taking a course this semester, called "Computer game programming". It's so cool that there IS a course like that.
Anyways - Since we'll have to make a game during the semester I can't work on Worlds during this time (Worlds could never be finished in 4 months!).
The game I'll be working on now will hopefully feature some kind of landscape engine (I'm considering the ROAM algorithm but it might be too cpu intensive...). Also I will do some very basic optimizations like software culling... I'd also like my engine to be able to import 3D objects, somehow exported from Blender. But the landscape comes first - if that takes too long the player and enemies will simply be boxes. I think it will be a basic action game... Definitely not fps.

-Ibmurai

The beginning... again.(Posted 2005-08-20)
I've just purchased BlitzMax with the specific intent of finally making Worlds. Worlds is a very old idea of mine, now. I've tried programming it twice before, and one time I came really close to finishing it, but there were a lot of things - central things - that I weren't happy with so the project died. This time it won't die; Though it might take quite some years before it's done.

My approach this time is to just start programming, gradually creating a universe... As I see it, the game won't actually be playable until late in the development, since the universe should be able to live and play itself.

The first thing to do is create planets - The way planets are represented in this game is what makes it unique, so I'm not gonna share that just yet. But I guess I can't help but post a shot or two when I feel they're done. I just really hope that noone will copy my idea (and if someone does copy my idea I hope their project fails - this is my brainchild)

Next entry will be when I'm done with the basic planets.

-Ibmurai