Worklog for Arowx

Worklog 1

Return to Worklogs

So it begins, first steps(Posted 2006-06-17)
After completing my first game Candy Cascade a simple Tetris clone, I have been unable to find the drive to build another version of Breakout!

Thankfully inspriation hit during a recent weekend and now the first steps in my new project is underway!

I'm not sure which way this is going to go but I was inspired by a set of tutorial flash animations online, hopefully I will be able to do the core concept justice.

Think action, simulation on the small scale with the option to potentially grow in the directions of managment, tactics and or administration.

It's great when an Idea grabs you and you actually manage to make those tiny steps towards the dream.

Wish me luck and persiverence, I'll update as I progress.

Ludum Dare 48hr entry

New Start...(Posted 2006-01-03)
The team have grown by one Matty creator of BloodNPlunder a gauntlet clone has accepted the challenge to redeam and recover the Space Hulk BE - Project.

We'll update as we progress...

Ludum Dare 48hr entry

'Finished'(Posted 2005-12-22)
Hey It's 'Finished' well at least it's at version 1.00 if your interested you can download it from Candy Cascade (1.2Mb)

Word of warning it looks like this...

Any comments or suggestions to cc@...

Ludum Dare 48hr entry

<PAUSED>(Posted 2005-11-24)
Currently on hold due to simpler aspirations, building up skill with BlitzMax on simpler games whilst waiting for the 3D engine to be produced

Currently working on Candy Cascade (Tetris-Clone) see worklog for details.

Ludum Dare 48hr entry

Getting there...(Posted 2005-11-24)
Well I have re-started my ongoing attempt to generate a computer game and instead of going for the next 3D killer app. I've started off with something a little bit simpler...

Candy Cascase (yet another Tetris).

So far I've got the basic game running, and some nice 'sweet' graphics for the blocks, even basic sound just some polishing and tidying up then package it up and put it online.

Shouldn't take long, however it could be a case of 99% there 99% to go.

Things left to do:

1. Restart Bug needs fixing, one play is never enough for your average Candy Cascade addict. [Done]

2. Leveling up screens [Done], with appropriate rewarding soundfx.

3. Scoring to increase based on the speed of the player. [On Hold - Could unbalance scoring]

4. Hi-Score table. [Done]

5. Special effects e.g. line removal explosions using particles? [Done]

6. Tidy up background graphics [Done]

7. Wrap up into standalone exe and test on other PC's [Done]

8. Package as single exe and place it online as freeware.

And I need to find a nice object that can convert strings to a nice bitmap using a tiled alphabet... [Done]

Ludum Dare 48hr entry

Work in progress...(Posted 2005-06-02)
Hi, you might have heard of SpaceHulk BE (Blitz Edition).

http://home.comcast.net/~mearrin69/spacehulkbe/index.html

Well it's gained a potential new lease of life, I've been helping Mr mearrin69 with development and we have made some progress:

Very simple computer driven demo, includes basic Terminator and Genestealer movement.

Lots of work to do though:

Blips need to be implemented, they depend a lot on Line Of Sight so some research and thought needed there.

Pathfinding might help stop a lot of Metal Mickey Boogie on the part of the lightweight AI.

Little things like a User Interface and mission loading as well as particle effects and lots of other stuff, need to be implemented yet.

I'll keep the worklog updated, mainly because I need a little bit of motivating to move things along.

Cheers

Merx

Ludum Dare 48hr entry