Worklog for Duckstab[o]

Areon-X: Foundations

Return to Worklogs

Alchemy :)(Posted 2007-03-19)
Got the basic Alchemy Skills added to the player/job/race abilities

In Areon Alchemy is the ability to rebuild or decompose items from a Alchemy Type.

ie DragonBlood + DragonDust * 2 = DragonBone
DragonBlood + DragonBone * 2 = DragonClaw
OrcBlood + DragonClaw = Dragon Bone * 2
OrcBlood*2 + DragonClaw = DragonDust * 4

Two Types of alchemy are used in the game
Organic and Mineral.

Organic Covers
Plant/Herb/Tree/Fruit/Vegatable
Creatures ie Serpant Mammal Dragon Orc

Mineral Covers
Rock/Crystal/Metal

Mineral Alchemy uses a simple N+N combination that is heavily effected by your Alchemical Skills

IronDust*100 = 9 Irom Nuts&Bolts
Ten Percent of Input is lost as energy source when making from Dust

Window 7 Home Premium
Q6600 4*3.199Ghz
Single Nvidia G260 768mb DDR3 (Soon to be two :) )
780i XFX mobo
21 Viewsonic 16/10
4gb Ram
1.5tb harddrive

My Game Space Home Page

Scripting(Posted 2007-03-12)
Now added Scripting to the game allowing easy modification of items/plot/maps/abilities/items as having to recompile the game each time i need a little tweak to balance gameplay is a bit of a pain

All math is calculated externally to allow for easy access this will give great modification aspects to the game

Window 7 Home Premium
Q6600 4*3.199Ghz
780i XFX mobo
21 Viewsonic 16/10
4gb Ram
1.5tb harddrive

My Game Space Home Page

Update to the basic(Posted 2007-03-06)
Been working over the foundation type to both improve performance and Quality of Game play

Your Character:

Changed a few basic around Character Developement

Each Character Contains
......Base: This is a modifier Grid that allows you to alter stats and add skills to your character.Ie your character is a God in Strength but a peon in Int easy fix is to open modifier slots and add -Str*n and +Int*n Soul Gems (You have to quest for these Base Types also thinkindg of adding recipies after Quest completion)

......Race: This is the core +/- of the character. The Race has restrictions that need to be followed they effect available Jobs/Weapons/Armour/Accessories/Skills..Might seen a bit of a negative but with the ability to ShapeChange this is a key factor in the game (currently you can only change into Humaniod Forms but might add a variation if it doesnt conflict the Summon/Merge abilities.

......Job: This is a special entity that attaches to the player and grants skills.The Job has restrictions that need to be followed they effect available Weapons/Armour/Accessories/Skills and also grant bonuses in areas

......SKILL TREE: This is very much like the FFX Sphere Grid Except Each Factor Has one ie
A Single Character Has
Base:SKILL TREE (This is identical for all characters)
Race:SKILL TREE (One for each Race)
Job:SKILL TREE (up to three at any one time)one for each job

All SkillTrees have node to unlock and activate as is relative to the player
Things to Note about unlocking

1. Most Nodes cost ap to unlock/ ap to activate
2. Some Nodes need ap and a set attribute to activate
3. Some Nodes Require You to Complete a Task to Allow them to appear on the Grid

The Base SKILLTREE works a little Different
a. Firstly Most of the Nodes Will be empty they need Soul Stones to use
b. There are Six Basic Nodes Att Wpn Arm Rce Job Tch Elm
1 2 3 are as above
4. When you unlock a node is will say ie Wpn+3 this means you can attach a Wpn Soul Stone up to and including Lvl3
5. During your Quest you can unlock greater bonds with the Ether and improve Node ie You can get +lvl or N_level Linkers These are used to Upgrade Nodes
5a. (Wpn+3) + (Link+2) = (Wpn+5)
5b. (Wpn+3) + (Link=5) = (Wpn+5)
5c. There are other Linkers that Change a Node to another Type these Will reset to +1 ie
(Wpn+3)+ (Link=Att)=(Att+1)

Window 7 Home Premium
Q6600 4*3.199Ghz
780i XFX mobo
21 Viewsonic 16/10
4gb Ram
1.5tb harddrive

My Game Space Home Page

Current State(Posted 2007-02-19)
Been working backwards at the moment looking into game logics and different rendering methods. Put some money into a few apps for model generation and animation

Current apps in pipe line;

Bmax (The Daddy) :)
TV3d (engine is still in closed beta :( ...
Silo 2
Deled
UU3d
Xsi:Fnd
Wings

next in the list is
music/sound effects apps
2d art pipeline for textures and gui
Still looking into these areas

Having Stumbled across a few glitches in both programming methods and cpu/gpu hit ive split the areas into groups and am creating working games that use these method in extremes to improve both knowledge and Refine coding as trying to modify a 30,000 line app is becoming a bit of a nut buster being a one man band...

So first up is a Match 3 clone using 3d

Tasks are
Model management
Render Layers
Gui components
Sfx methods

Eyes of the Nebula ... A game is born

Window 7 Home Premium
Q6600 4*3.199Ghz
780i XFX mobo
21 Viewsonic 16/10
4gb Ram
1.5tb harddrive

My Game Space Home Page

Working on the Combat System(Posted 2006-11-29)
New Combat System is Being Put in Place and I really like the feel so far

Thing in Place so Far

1. Races
The Race System Give bonuses to Classes that your Characters have selected
2. Classes
So Far Ive Only added 4 Basic Classes To cover Warrior,Mage,Summoner,Hollow (my Special Class :) )
3. The Monsters
The Game Contains Several Types of Monsters they are
1. Species Local to Gaming areas
2. Spirit these come as Stronger Species Types with better moves
3. Linkers these are Realy Powerfull Spirits this an Aura that attracts Stronger Spirits
4. Subjects these are Enemy Version of Player Character types with a few Tweeks
5. Demigods these are the equivalent to aeons
6. Sub-boss Boss explanes it self realy

Window 7 Home Premium
Q6600 4*3.199Ghz
780i XFX mobo
21 Viewsonic 16/10
4gb Ram
1.5tb harddrive

My Game Space Home Page

Improved Editor(Posted 2006-11-06)
Spent a fare few days now recreating the item editor to work fully around the concepts of polymorphism and inheritance had some really nice results

Done a lot of work around the foundations of object creation to allow the possiblity of a Helper game option for those who dont want to spend hours discovering the hidden skill,items,areas ie looking for a quick fix..

Window 7 Home Premium
Q6600 4*3.199Ghz
780i XFX mobo
21 Viewsonic 16/10
4gb Ram
1.5tb harddrive

My Game Space Home Page

Dna_Concept added(Posted 2006-10-26)
The Game will use dna in the creation of your army

Currently There are 16 Dna Species Groups
Each Group contains 16 Strands

You Find Dna_Strands in the Form of Dna_Matter

Dna_Matter Contains Four Strands

By using Cryo_Eggs you can create characters with combinations of 4 to 12 peices of Dna_Matter

This allows for billions of combinations

Window 7 Home Premium
Q6600 4*3.199Ghz
780i XFX mobo
21 Viewsonic 16/10
4gb Ram
1.5tb harddrive

My Game Space Home Page

How to get the Materials needed(Posted 2006-10-21)
During your battles an enemy will drop any of the basic body parts this is then refined and the pure elements are removed

These will be anything from bones,Teeth,claws to Hide,feather,tentales

Each body part will contain three pure elements with are used in its creation ie Metal,Chemical,Vegatable or Stone,Metal,Crystal

Window 7 Home Premium
Q6600 4*3.199Ghz
780i XFX mobo
21 Viewsonic 16/10
4gb Ram
1.5tb harddrive

My Game Space Home Page

Extension of the Nano-abilities(Posted 2006-10-21)
Im Currently working on the possible method for the games progression

Programme Flow

All Living things in the world will be made from 4 matterGroups

ie
CarrotMatter a
CarrotMatter b
CarrotMatter c
CarrotMatter d

Once enough experience has been gained in the extraction of CarrotMatter you will learn how to create the basic carrot from the four matterGroups
Via a Dna Blueprint explaining the percentages of each matter needed to create the carrot

I might add in a four tear system for the creation of life
ie basic carrot
Enchanced carrot
Pure carrot
Divine carrot

this will effect both matter needed and increase the quality of results

ie Basic Carrot = Acc boost Qlty 1
Enchanced carrot=Acc boost Qlty 3
Pure carrot=Acc boost Qlty 7
Divine carrot=Acc boost Qlty 15

Window 7 Home Premium
Q6600 4*3.199Ghz
780i XFX mobo
21 Viewsonic 16/10
4gb Ram
1.5tb harddrive

My Game Space Home Page

DataBase Editor(Posted 2006-10-18)
Ive Got all the lower tears functions working in small compact editor

This loadsup an incbin default file as a template and then lets you add to the list using a very simple interface

I have created this with expansion of the game in mind and also the possibility of adding an editor to the game for would be modders

Window 7 Home Premium
Q6600 4*3.199Ghz
780i XFX mobo
21 Viewsonic 16/10
4gb Ram
1.5tb harddrive

My Game Space Home Page

Tools of the Trade(Posted 2006-10-18)
The Game Will Be a FreeRoaming Rpg with Turn Based Combat

As you Progress in the Game you Learn Skill in the use of NanoMites and this is the Tool you will use to Progress in the Game

In the Game Currently the are
8 Metals
8 Crystals
8 Chemicals
8 Stone Types
8 Vegatable Types
8 Meat Types
8 Nano Types
And a Essence Type for Several Elemental and Attributes

These come in the Form of Ore,Animal,Compound,Liquid,Vapors

You use Nano tech to extract core materials from the above to create pure Materials for construction

Pure Materials are used to Create Fixings,Food,Building Materials and several others

As your levels advance you can Make Weapons,Amour,Building,Clothing,Meals Ect

Im Currently contemplating Implement Dna Construction and Manipulation if it balance in the game is uneffected

Magic will be available in the Game under another Form
and it energy source must be collected or constructed no resting to regenerate

Window 7 Home Premium
Q6600 4*3.199Ghz
780i XFX mobo
21 Viewsonic 16/10
4gb Ram
1.5tb harddrive

My Game Space Home Page

Concept(Posted 2006-10-18)
Just a little recap on the basic progress of the game so far

Story....
The inhabitants of Areon-X have reached a supreme state of Technological advancement they have become masters of all except Energy.

Well that was until Malic Kain created the Genisis Programme

Genisis was a 30 year work in progress. A combination of the most advanced AI and Nano Technology

In the year 7043 Genisis became Self aware and its development speed increased tenfold

Around the year 7059 Genisis discovered a way to create the utilmate energy source G Zen, one that would free the world from its current dilema

Energy had been a major problem right from the start of civilisation. Currently people had to go to wear biocharms a belt that collects waste energy from the wearer and converts this into energy this was the basic form of currency for the lower classes of the world

An individual Would earn a ratio compared to how hard they work

ie an average worker would generate 1k units of energy
a week and earn 100 Han he then would have to buy an average of 3k energy from the corperation at a rate of 600 Han so the corperation was growing very fat selling the 1k of worker energy back to the worker for a nice 100% profit

G Zen was a concept beyond Human comprehention it was a living bio organism contained within a Sphere of folded space the object travels in a coil pattern beyond the speed of light passing up to 100 suns in the journey absorbing solar energy.

taking 100k units of energy to start the journey and collecting 1mil units of energy in its lifetime releasing 10k inits of energy per week until its lifecycle is ended

The creation of G zen threatend the Corperations Hold over the world so they set about the destruction of Malik and the G zen project.

Genisis retaliated by putting Malik in cryo and sending a nano army to take on the Corperation

A huge battle began and Genisis was on the winning side until the Corperation Cut all Power to the sector of Maliks base

With G zen not stabilised it began to collect huge amounts of energy and its sphere began to warp

Genisis could see its destruction was immenent as began sending parts of its data banks to locations around the world and transported Maliks body to a unknown location

Zero Hour..
G Zens Sphere Fractured Releasing energy in amounts never before seen in the world.

Corperations Downfall creation of the Deadlands
True the Corperation had cut the power to Maliks sector but the energy rushed down the powerlines and caused a System failure in every one of there Sectors

Explotions continued well into the night until finally the silence came but a deadly silence to say the least

Deadlands Day Two
What remained of the corperation began to regroup and started up there defence programme NewOrder a Nano Repair Programme..

Somethings Wrong
The huge influx of energy had caused a glitch in the mainframe Data had become fused and the NanoMites could not Distinguish machines and Organics and the results where madness

Deadlands Days Three
The Corperation Retaliates and the Nanomites begin self preservation Machines Vs Organics

Deadlands Days Four
Mankinds Retreats From its Citys

A new Dawn for Areon-x

Mankind has been knocked back a few millenia and once again is having to fend for its self

Current Time..
You come from a village far from the larger settlements of the World The Kind of person who gets into trouble alot because nobody understands your passion for Tech

Finally you have enough when a band of Ogros(Modified Rats) attack your Village and you set of for a journey of discovery

ScrapGang
You Join a Group of young Salvagers Travelling the local plains

First Mission
Your First task was to explore an old complex recently found
When you arrive you discover anothers team has already been in a look worse for ware they have abandoned a team mate in their escape

You choose to go look against there wishes
several minutes later the scan lots of activity in the base a seal the entrance

The Main Story Begins..

Window 7 Home Premium
Q6600 4*3.199Ghz
780i XFX mobo
21 Viewsonic 16/10
4gb Ram
1.5tb harddrive

My Game Space Home Page