Worklog for Baystep Productions

Imperial

Return to Worklogs

Basic Main Menu(Posted 2007-08-06)
After hours of confangled GUI mapping, the Main Menu is done. For now. Not all the later-available features are enabled (and have promptly been "greyed-out"). Devil has created a lot of good libraries, best of all free! So I will be supporting a few of them with due credit. A few being: GUI, Shadows, Particles. Physics will be tokamak. And the networking will be my own creation (which you can find in the Code Archives). As I've already mentioned I will use my own active scripting library to handle map making.

Tomorrow I will begin the 3D work. I will start with the World Editor, as so I can crank out some test maps as well as get meshes, scripting, particles, game objects, ect... working! This will be the longest part, but after this I just need to transfer the display and loading code over and add some Game Update functions to actually start playing. An Offline Practice portion will be offered, but don't expect AI to be great.

Simple Update(Posted 2007-08-05)
Imperial GUI was scrapped, do to the fact that it was cluttered and slow. For now. I've replaced it with DevilGUI! (THANKS!)

I'll be making an imperial skin for it to make it extra good.
I like having the windows look-n-feel in game and such. Wierd at first. But its actually helpful!

Besides that, I'm toying with using DevilPhysics. But I will probably go with tokamak.

Please feel free to give input... email me at jackrackam@...

The Beggining(Posted 2007-08-04)
Well It's me again. You haven't seen much of me around I'm sure. I'm not dead though! In fact my B3D is getting better! This game isn't even in its 3D stage yet but when it will, watch out. Lol. It already features my newly created from scratch...

- PsychoScript: Cross-project support. Enables each game/app to support its own c++ style classes and its own private and public functions. Still in its earlier stages supports LUA style functions and variable declarations with advanced math support. Perfect for map making.
- Imperial GUI: New skinable cross-project GUI system to corrilate with the scripting engine and in-game menus. Features clean frame-built skins. Features non-chromatic custom color mode for scripted maps.
- PsychoOnline: Advanced TCP/LAN library for server/client connectivity. Plays a lead role in this game. Allows for servers to send scripts to clients also. Built in auto-downloader for update and mods for servers.

So the premises of this game is easy! Its MMO, with a bit of RTS/FPS in it. Players join online worlds(servers) and join countries in these worlds. The players then band together and try to destroy other countries to take them over. Instead of the older simple capture the flag style or kind of the hill, teams can actually take over individual "zones" by destroy key defence structures and systems. By owning town by town, base by base, and enemies territory can quickly deplete. Once signed up for a country the players stats and work are kept in action on that server even after they leave, so they may return and battle more with their fellow brothers (players can be discharged from service). Who's country will prevail? With online services in the future "country" teams will be published and saved for cross-server action allowing private clans to be developed. Imperialism IS the name of the game.