Worklog for regaa

Worklog 1

Return to Worklogs

Any progress O_o ? Yeah, man there is one :D(Posted 2005-09-19)
WUI2 did some progress :). I've spent some time for updatest with a result of a big update. The mainreason for not writing updates was the flushmem() bug. I needed 1 month to find out what the reason for this error was :\ . 1 month bugtracking = 6 month no fun :( . Thanks to Dreamora who has helped me out this situation :).

New Featureas are:
- Label
- Scrollbar
- Tabs
- Dropdown
- ImageBox
- Statusbar

+ a lot of Bugfixes and optimisations. Here are a few screenshots:

And here is a downloadlink:
DOWNLOAD

WUI2 did some progress(Posted 2005-03-17)
For some reasons the progress is still slow and crappy, but there is one.

Changes:
- Added DEMOStatusbar.bmx
- Added the Statusbar- object.
- Fixed some bad issues.
- Reorganize folder and file-location (Use of 1 zip-file as the main ressource file)

For Downloadlink look at the 1st Post.

That is how...(Posted 2005-03-01)
...a Menu does look like in WUI2:

phew, that was realy a lot of work. Not that for the images, no. I mean the recursive stuff, i hate that :( .

But now it is here and ready. Check the DEMOxxxx.bmx files.

Also take a look on the Onlinehelp.

Not only the menu- element is new, also a flag to Window.Render() is ready for use. Just give it a True, and take a look on your's pc cpu usage ;).

Feddback would be nice, if i should go on with wui2 / onlinehelp, or learn another job 8[ .

For Downloadlink look at the 1st Post.

buttons...(Posted 2005-02-22)
have been finished :D.

As a early screenshot for wui2 take a look at this:

For a demo just start the DEMOButton.bmx.
For Download look at first post.

Another point is, i have updated the english verison of the onlinehelp as far as the german one. Just click on my signature. I would be glad for some feedback concerning the online help, because english is not my fav. language ;)

The Progress goes on.(Posted 2005-02-18)
Yes, it goes on. Take a look at DEMOWindow.bmx, and tell me what you think. Still there are no buttons or other elements. Why? As mentioned it before, i want to write a superclean and fast code. If you trust the FPS-counter than you should notice, that this is the fastest gui for Blitz ever.

Changes:
- SetSize
- SetStyle
- SetResizeable
- a few bugfixes
- resizeing wizzard (mouse get another cursor if you are at a border of a window)
- rebuild time of a window @ 40ms!!! (on a quite new pc)

The most work was to do due to the Rebuild() Method O_o.
For Download see first Worklog, or visit my homepage ;).

Click for OnlineHelp

btw: I will upload an english version of the onlinehelp, as soon as possible.

At the beginnung there was...(Posted 2005-02-13)
Not much. I tryed to import my WUI code, but that was nonsence. Everything seems to be a kinf of pain, if i just pasted to code and wanted to convert that to bmax. So i decided completely rewrite the gui. Well...it is easy to say..but hard to do.

I started with the WMS, wui message system. That is a main part of the gui. Every gadget that want to do sth. have to say it to the messagesystem and because of that i have the full control about whats going on in the background, and what should gadget A do if gadget B wants to get repainted and so on.

The idea is not bad, but to code that should be some other kind. Well... this time i dont want to code in a few weeks a gui, that was the case in WUI times, but a superfast and superclean code. Just execute the 3 windows demo and get the hotest fps you've ever seen.

If it is the case check:
Download WUI2
For documentation (everything dynamicaly parsed) look here:
Documentation