Worklog for ziggy

BLIde Compiler

Return to Worklogs

This is set to stand-by(Posted 2010-05-30)
As Mark has anounced he's doing more or less the same for bmx2, I see no reason in trying to compete with Mark, it has just no sense, so I've stopped this project (until further notice).

ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
Manel Ibáñez ||| BLIde comunity ||| BLIde official Web Site ||| BLIde manual in PDF If you're using BLIde as your regular IDE for BlitzMax, please consider getting the BLIde Plus! version to support development. Visit my BLIde development Blog! and get the Open Source Sound3D module for minib3d

Dual 2 Core 2.8 (Windows 7) with ATI Mobility Radeon 4650 on a nice new Vaio :D

First structure(Posted 2010-05-20)
I've been working in the last 2 weeks on something that *could* become a new compiler for BlitzMax-like code that generates a highly portable bytecode that can lateron be translated to (hopefully) most of the available VM-based compilers out there. Currently it is at the very first design status and I honestly don't know if this will ever see the light of day, but currently I've got a complete compiler structure that generates native Windows Vista/seven executables (based on .net).

Those executables can only contain class descriptions. No real code inside, but the iteresting thing is how is everything connected...

the idea is to compile code in the following order:

[Source code] --> [token collection] --> [AST] --> [GENERIC VM COMPILER] --> [final assembler translator]

In my first incomplete example I've got:
[Max Source[ --> [token collection] --> [AST] --> [GENERIC VM COMPILER] --> [.net/mono incomplete assembler translator]

It's working, and the generated assebly can then be loaded from other assemblys or even as a library for Visual Studio, but all in all not really anything usable (hopefully) yet.

ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
Manel Ibáñez ||| BLIde comunity ||| BLIde official Web Site ||| BLIde manual in PDF If you're using BLIde as your regular IDE for BlitzMax, please consider getting the BLIde Plus! version to support development. Visit my BLIde development Blog! and get the Open Source Sound3D module for minib3d

Dual 2 Core 2.8 (Windows 7) with ATI Mobility Radeon 4650 on a nice new Vaio :D