Worklog for Grovesy

Worklog 1

Return to Worklogs

ClearMapper on Hold(Posted 2005-06-28)
I haven't posted for a while (been busy with work and moving house), but i am now planning on moving ClearMapper over to BlitzMax so that i can take advantage of the Opengl graphics and the whole OOP way of coding (I have always prefered OO languages).

Again, andone interested in helpping with a new platformer then give us a shout.

My new email is chris@...

Cheers

---------------------------------------
Starting to code in 3-Dimensions!!!!

"Who first realised that you could get milk from a cow?... And what did he think he was doing to start with?" :-$

First Update(Posted 2004-08-31)
This is my first update on the progress of ClearMapper (Working title)

ClearMapper is about 60% complete
I have finished implementing the 3 tile layers (Background, ForeGround and MidGround)
I have also implemented a route that allows you to select and place mutiple tiles.
I am currently working on a way to allow users to import their own objects so they create levels for their own games with my editor.
I hope to have a website created soon with more information and screenshots.

Also, I will, very soon, be looking for some help implementing the game that i originally started to create this editor for. Anyone with some 2D platform programming skills wanting to find out more and/or help please contact me.

Anyone wishing to contact me are more then welcome. cgroves@...

Catch you soon ;)

---------------------------------------
Starting to code in 3-Dimensions!!!!

"Who first realised that you could get milk from a cow?... And what did he think he was doing to start with?" :-$