Worklog for Ginger Tea

Deflektor

Return to Worklogs

in the beginnning(Posted 2008-10-09)
many years ago i got an ST compilation of gremlin games
masters of the univers
some other game or another
3D galax (a rather good galaxian clone with catchy ben daglish music)
and deflektor

i just LOVED deflektor (and the music) but i could never get too far into it, ST and eventually the Amiga gathered dust as i migrated to the pc via the mega drive
i got an amiga emulator CD from hmv round about the same time as blitz basic was first released (or atleast when i first heard of it via mykeP's pc format tutorials)

in the pack was deflektor albeit the pirate compressed version, so no workbench gandering to be had
blitzbasic + winUAE gaming sessions = why not do deflektor (aside from all the usual legal reasons afaik all of gremlins assets are now atari's/infrogrames)

i did some level screen grabs the +/- level cheat i read about didnt work (but the c64 one did) and got some rudermentory placement sprites (which were still way better than i could draw) and all levels from the c64 as bmp's

then real life, work and my eventual move got in the way of everything and what little of blitz i knew i forgot about years ago and im still in the wrong end of the work life ballance to sort things out

spread the word not the disc

if i broke both of my hands i wouldnt be able to wsad + mouse but i could dual thumb stick through the cast and pain killers ;)