Worklog for Chroma

Core2D

Return to Worklogs

Documentation(Posted 2010-12-16)
I started working on the documentation. But I'm finding it's probably easier to just do it once you get the whole thing finished. As things slightly change here and there, you have to go back and fix the docs...but of course there's always something you're going to miss right?

[Core2D][Sprite][MaxVerlet]

Nirvana with Stereo Pan(Posted 2010-12-16)
Just put together a small add-on for the Core2D Nirvana Sound System which allows you to play a sound at your objects x position. The sound is then panned left or right accordingly.

It's as simple as Spat.Play(sound,Varptr(x),True).

The last flag is false to play at one spot or True to actively track and pan to where the x value is. It gives a bit of reality to the 2D right?

The naming conventions for Core2D are all over the place at the moment as is the coding but I'm hoping to get a coding and naming standard in place soon for consistency.

Resuming work my framework.(Posted 2010-12-14)
Been getting back into Core2D. It's an advanced framework I've been tinkering with since last year. So far it's comprised of 8 modules. Plus I just got notified that I'll be deploying again so I'll have the time to finish this.

Grafx - total graphics solution with projection matrix
Cursor - load up to 48x48 .cur files to replace the laggy placing a .png at the mouse coordinates.
TimeStep - fixed rate logic + render tweening
Nirvana - sound system with channel volume and spatial sounds
Sprite - advanced sprite system
Vec2 - self explanatory
ImageRef - image resource handling
GIRM - another image resource handler