Worklog for Chroma

Orbicus

Return to Worklogs

Menu System(Posted 2006-11-07)
I've just finished the menu system. It's very much like the one I did a couple years ago where you create a screen and add buttons to it. The buttons are 2 frames that flip to the 2nd frame when the mouse is over the button. I'll be posting this in the forums for testing tomorrow. It will include the source too in case anyone was needing that sort of system. It's easy to add in to your app. Just include it and build the screens/buttons. Takes about 5 min.

[Core2D][Sprite][MaxVerlet]

So Far So Good.(Posted 2006-11-02)
Orbicus is a puzzle game I've been working on for a little over a month. It is coming along well. I didn't realize how time consuming game art was until I decided to tackle it all myself. It's by far taking up about 75% of the total production time.

I just recently named it Orbicus. I was thinking of calling it Orbs or Orbix but there's a game out on the garage games website of the same name and the latter name is a bit too close to Cubix.

The game story goes something like: a powerful wizard was condemned to King Malthron's dungeon because of criminal acts. In his spare time he created an enchanted puzzle game for his nephew, who's studying to be a wizard himself. There is more to the story but those tidbits get revealed at later levels in the game. So I guess is qualifies as an adventure puzzle game.

As far as gameplay, it's quite simplistic in nature but with some extra unique twists and bonus items that enhance the puzzle experience.

[Core2D][Sprite][MaxVerlet]