Worklog for some_guy789

Worklog 1

Return to Worklogs

rle compression comes to ex1b format(Posted 2001-12-28)
I found out how to do rle compression today, I'll be adding it to the ex1b format before I let loose iiu (the beast, Instractor & ini united)
also hope to add the pak and tid loaders.

This whole system can be simple or so complex it needs a long tutorial. it's code (for simple users) looks like this:

LoadIniFile("MyIni.ini")
LoadIniFile("Part2.ini")
SetIniSection("general")
print GetValue$("name")
print GetValue$("date")

and inside ini "MyIni.ini" might look like this:
[//iiu//]
package = Data.ex1b ;will autoload it...
case sensative = false
null = Not Found ;I shall not explain this now.

[General]
Date = Friday, December 28, 2001

and inside ini "Part2.ini" might look like this:
[General]
name = Instractor & Ini United

the beauty of having MyIni and Instractor as one is that one can automatically do something for the other, like in the [//iiu//] section, you can have it automatically load the package or packages of your choice.

rle compression just might make this a dominating library, but who will have the knowedge of how to unleash it's power? anyone good at writing tutorials?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
When you know all you wish to know, you wish you never knew.
Cuando tu sabes todo lo que deseas, tu deseas no haberlo sabido nunca.

MyGui gets makeover(Posted 2001-12-23)
I know it was never really released, but some day it will... anyway I now got gradients for backgrounds on windows, and the gradient images are cached so it runs normal speed AND looks way cooler. I released an executable demo once on the old showcase, but the next demo will be twice as cool before I release another demo.

iiu(Posted 2001-12-16)
I got it fully functional now, just gotta make all the special code work the best way, then have it load tid and pak files. I could make a function for breaking the encryption key on pak files but that might upset some people so I can't add that. I was able to do it succesfully once... never mind about that. I mean, there ARE only 256 possibilities....... there will be no alternate filetype saving, and loading will be beyond simple. I only need to then add lots of help files for HOW to use this powerfull tool.

more of something that no one cares about.(Posted 2001-12-12)
I have an english report due tomorrow and it has to be 5 pages typed and I havn't started... other than that I've been doing a bit on the all-powerfull Instractor & Ini United, or iiu for short. a little progress, but I doubt that anyone really cares.

Instractor & Ini United(Posted 2001-12-09)
day 1:

Made minimal changes needed for supporting the [//iiu//] section (which doesn't get read by the host program at all)
posted notice on general blitz discussion forum hoping to see a medium demand.

going to download and inspect other instractors now...

Platform Engine SJK 4 me(Posted 2001-11-24)
not sdk, sjk. my initials. Sam James Klaneski
it started out months ago as a ball bouncing off the bottom of the screen. I was inspired by a game in DB called OhBaLlZ! which was a really awesome game by Bonks. My Bouncing ball then took on controls. left, and right. then I added a block from which the ball would appropriately bounce in the right direction.

Development kept going and after a few months now with the xmas competition comming up, I've got a full-blown platform engine with level editor and everything.

'tis not to fight over who has best demo, but rather to have fun playing a new wave of games in a time where fun is to be cherished.

hope you like gravity shifters, those add some uniqueness to my levels. elevators? heaters? collect popsicles? multiple style gameplay?
I hope everyone will love my demo, because I'm having trouble buying b3d, I'll just try as hard as $%^& to win it.

what's in it for you? a friggin good game.