Worklog for Jedive

Worklog 1

Return to Worklogs

BSP Factory finished !!!(Posted 2003-08-14)
After a lot of work, BSP Factory is finally finished. It loads a BSP file (Half-Life version) perfectly, lightmaps it using YAL, and exports to B3D.

All the entity information is exported to the B3D as pivots, and you can access them loading the B3D with LoadAnimMesh(). The handle it returns contains a pivot named "bsp_root". This pivot contains several children. The first child is the map itself. The other children are the entities found in the BSP. All their properties are exported in their names, as 'property1=value|property2=value...'. It also exports texture flags (alpha maps, masked textures, spherical maps), and automatically deletes surfaces with a 'caulk' texture.

Now, I have to write some documentation and that's all!!!

Here is a little map example created with Quark and BSP Factory: http://www.galeon.com/jedive/storage/bsp_example.zip

And here's a screenshot of the program:

== Jedive ==
MacBook Core Duo 2Ghz, 2GB, Intel GMA950, Snow Leopard / Win7 / Ubuntu
Mac Mini Core 2 Duo 2.2Ghz, 8GB, nVidia 9400, Snow Leopard / Lion

BSP Factory(Posted 2003-01-10)
I have decided to make a B3D exporter which imports Half-Life BSPs, which means that you will finally be able to use BSP in your commercial games without worring about id's licence issues. BSP Factory will import the BSP with lightmaps and entity information. You will be able to change the textures and its properties (transparency, shininess, etc) from the program, add or remove entities and export everything into a B3D file.

I want to make this app low-cost, about 20 US dollars.

Here is a screen of a BSP imported without lightmaps:

== Jedive ==
MacBook Core Duo 2Ghz, 2GB, Intel GMA950, Snow Leopard / Win7 / Ubuntu
Mac Mini Core 2 Duo 2.2Ghz, 8GB, nVidia 9400, Snow Leopard / Lion