Worklog for RepeatUntil

Cod2Doc

Return to Worklogs

FINAL version of Cod2Doc released!!(Posted 2004-07-10)
FINAL VERSION OF COD2DOC NOW RELEASED!!! Cod2Doc is the documentation generator for Blitz.

There is a lot of new stuff in this version:
- Full drag and drop functionnality:
-> drag file(s)/directory(ies) on the Cod2Doc .exe icon, and Cod2Doc will start documenting the given files.
-> drag a file or a directory on the Cod2Doc application, and Cod2Doc will document it.
- Cod2Doc can now be easily interfaced with any IDE.
- Cod2Doc can now be called with a command line.
- Now you can add your own html header and footer to the documentation.
- Re-organisation of the Cod2Doc interface.
- New veto tag: put !! after a variable/type/field/function prevent it to be documented.
- Formatting of html improved. No more text going beyond the table.
- New styles added:
-> styles identical to the one of Blitz 3D: Blitz3D.
-> styles inspired from www.blitzbasic.com: Blitzui, Doiron, Tan, XpeaBars.
- New languages added: japanese, german, italiano, portuguese, spanish (many thanks to BitManiak, Kbit, Luiz Ribeiro, René Aye).
- Added a "Save" button for the configuration file ("Application" tab) to save the options of Cod2Doc.
- Bug with type in function argument for decls file corrected.
- A few more bugs were also corrected...

Don't forget to donate if you use regularly Cod2Doc!! Number of donation up to now: 0 :-(

Go on the Cod2Doc web page to download this version.

Documentation Generator ------ Easy Database Access ------ RakNet wrapper

Cod2Doc v1.1 is out!!(Posted 2004-01-27)
Version 1.1 of Cod2Doc is out!!! I consider this version almost as the final version of Cod2Doc!! (unless you bring very good new suggestions ;)

Cod2Doc is a documentation generator for Blitz Basic (document code, libraries, create help files).

Here are the new features of this version:
- Option to make the .bb source file accessible from the documentation.
- Possibility now to add images to style files (.css): see this in action with the DarkPrince style, done by Nebula.
- And the NICEST NEW FEATURE: option to highlight your own functions and access the quick help and your documentation by pressing F1 in the IDE (like any Blitz command!). Now you have no limit to document libraries!
- All known bugs of v1.0 corrected.
- And of course, all the features of v1.0 are still there!

To get it, go on the Cod2Doc web site.

Comments and questions are HIGHLY WELCOME here or on the new forum.

Release of Cod2Doc!(Posted 2003-12-03)

After 4 months of development, Blitz Basic has now a full-featured tool to document source code: Cod2Doc!

Cod2Doc is a documentation generator which parses Blitz Basic source files (Blitz 3D, Blitz Plus, Blitz 2D) and produces a set of documentation files in html describing variables, types and functions. Cod2Doc has a lot of features: choice of layout/style/language, special tags, automatic links, code highlighting, special file format, nice interface and much more!...

Please visit the Cod2Doc web site where you can:
- download Cod2Doc (come with help files to start quickly),
- find the description of Cod2Doc and a complete list of features,
- see some examples/tutorials,
- ask questions/post comments.

You can use Cod2Doc without any restriction (personal, freeware or commercial projects). The main concern of the author is that the Blitz community uses this tool, so please, TRY IT!!!
This program relies on the principle of donation. If you use this program and find it useful, then you might consider sending a donation to the author (from 5 to 15 euros/dollars).

Cod2Doc: getting closer(Posted 2003-11-24)

Cod2Doc did some progress in the past few days. Here are the new features:
- summary of variables and functions now at the top of the documentation (was asked by a few people)
- link added to the printable page
- new tags to define the title and the meta keywords of the html documentation
- the GUI was reorganized and tooltips were added
- the Cod2Doc web page is now ready (and done entirely with Cod2Doc!)

So Cod2Doc is now almost done. I have just now to create its logo, and then to release it!!

Cod2Doc needs Beta-testers!!(Posted 2003-11-10)
Cod2Doc is coming up nicely! The only problem is that I am looking for beta-testers, and I got a *very* small numbers of candidates (2! Thanks you the french community!!). Another 4 candidates would be warmly welcome and would permit to improve Cod2Doc!! To test Cod2Doc, write me an e-mail (repeatuntil@...) or drop a line in the "User creations" forum where is my post...

I have added a lot of options to customize automatic links and insertions. The user has now a complete control over it!!

To see what is able to do Cod2Doc, I have created two example files. You will be able to see the source file from which was created the documentation as well as the resulting html documentation. You can see also the famous castle.bb documented!!
For now, Cod2Doc has 2 styles (but I hope that user will add some other!). Here are the examples:
- BlitzBasic style
- Cod2Doc style

Cod2Doc, the documentation generator(Posted 2003-10-30)
* What is Cod2Doc ? *
Cod2Doc takes your commmented code and generates a documentation in html. I write it keeping in mind that the coder has to do the least modification as possible to implement comments understood by Cod2Doc. Everything should be very intuitive.
Cod2Doc is also able to create help files or web pages!

* Features *
- Document constant variables, global variables, array, types, functions (arguments, return value, examples), or choose to include only a subset of these
- Option to document functions in separate html files (like the Blitz command reference)
- Author, Version, Last update, Project tags and more...
- Group variables or functions linked to the same functionnality together in the documentation
- Possibility to document one file, a whole directory, or directories and all its subdirectories
- Automatic recognition of function or variable links (crossed links)
- Automatic insertion of images: type picture.jpg or img.gif in your comment, and a picture is automatically inserted
- Type example.html and it will turn to a link to this page
- Type myProg.bb and it will also turn to a link
- Type repeatuntil@... and it will turn to a link
- Automatic bullet and numbered list generation. Type a list like this one, and it will be automatically transformed in a html list!
- Use any html code in your comment
- Possibility to choose the directory where html files would be stored
- Possibility to use any language in the documentation (just translate a simple text file in your own language)
- documentation with frame / without frame
- links at top or no links at top
- Description part of functions and variables just after the declaration, or after other blocks (default value, arguments) just like in Blitz Basic
- several way to include examples (inline or from a file). And the examples are highlighted like in your preferred IDE!!
- Maybe the most powerful feature: possibility to add text anywhere in your program to increase or detail the documentation (that's called inline documentation). You can import a description of a variable or function from another file. Lot of layout stuff to display title, section, paragraph, tables, ... I use the inline documentation to create the Cod2Doc help files and the web pages!
- Two already defined styles for html documentation: BlitzBasic or Cod2Doc. But you can create ANY style to fit with your web page for example!
- Simple to use thanks to the Graphical Interface (using the very new Xlnt ii)
- Come with a complete help file (produced with Cod2Doc!) and a some examples to start quickly
- Still more features already included, but you will have to check the documentation for them!!...

* When will it be released ? *
Pfou, initially, it was planned for beginning of September, but I have added so many features since then that it was delayed, delayed and delayed ;)
So I am now writing the documentation, and then I will ask to a few people to test this...

* To join me *
If you have any comments or suggestions, then write me a mail: repeatuntil@...

* Screenshot *