Worklog for CyBeRGoth (John McCubbin)

Worklog 1

Return to Worklogs

The Feebs (New Look)(Posted 2002-02-01)
-[Fri 1st Feb 2002]-----------------------------

As you can see the feebs has a new look, along with a shift in gameplay focus, which should make it a lot more fun and challenging to play :)

Spent the last week or so adding some swanky AI to the feebs (the robots), so that they can follow you, or get to a waypoint that you set (remember they are NOT smart, so if they get stuck behind a block or something for too long, they will just forget about you and get bored again hehe)

As you can see, I STILL have not finished the main character model, so for now, he is still an arrow :P

More news soon, I leave you with a montage.

///\(^-^)/\\\ Yup, its a spider

The Feebs(Posted 2002-01-22)
-[Tue 22nd Jan 2002]-----------------------------

Exams are over and it's time for fun :)

Added a Feeb Radar type thing, so you can locate Feebs more easily, not sure if this will be in the actual game or not as it makes it very easy, you never know tho, maybe some kinda pickup or something.

Added some AI to the little feebs, basically making them get bored, wander around and try and not get stuck up against walls! (ooer).

It's coming along nicely and I will spend tommorow adding some gameplay elements.

New Pic:

The Feebs(Posted 2002-01-19)
-[Sat 19th Jan 2002]-----------------------------

In between studying I have done some work on The Feebs, I have created a custom routine for creating and dealing with the tree 'sprites', basically creating a single sided polygon and making it face the camera at all times, this helps with the normal sprites problem of not being effected by light colour/strength

The Feebs(Posted 2002-01-12)
-[Fri 18th Jan 2002]-----------------------------

The Editor is coming along nicely, but what with it being exam time at uni, i have not had much time to work on the feebs.

Here is a very early pic :)

-[Sat 13th Jan 2002]-----------------------------

Hi

I am currently working on a game, similar to lemmings in some ways and unique in others. Basically you are herding these things called 'Feebs' into their respective holding areas. You must make bridges, fill holes and stuff (as you cant jump while carrying them)

All this must be done quick, as the Feebs are as smart as...well, they are NOT smart. They get bored and start wandering around (usually to their death, if your not there to pick the stupid buggers up!)

It's going well, I have the basic engine done and I am now working on an Editor and models for the game.

Expect some Screenshots soon.

CyBeRGoth