Worklog for Magitta

Worklog 1

Return to Worklogs

Fire Particle Emitter updated(Posted 2003-01-19)
I've now updated the FPE. It's now much much faster. It uses less sprites per emitter, butlooks the same. And when it's obsucered by an other entity it's hidded, thus speeding up the rendering.
Next is to opitimised scaled water.

Greetz,
Magitta

FFXI profile

WorldE(Posted 2003-01-18)
Put in the fire fx, water fx, and controls for bsp and normal ambient light.
Take a look here

Greetz,
Magitta

FFXI profile

Editor and special fx(Posted 2003-01-16)
Finally, the special effects are getting good shapes ^^ I'v so far made particle fire, light effects and water. Most of the stuff has been on the forums as demo or code. The water will soon be added to the code archieves.
The level editor 'WorldE' is nearing completion more and more every day. It's designed for the sole purpose of putting together models (x, 3ds, md2) and bsp to 'model' levels. The gfx system is also integrated into the editor ^^ Just place all the stuff where you need it and generate a .bb file that loads and places all the objects. Very easy ^^
Check my site for more info and pics. I'll upload some more when I've got the time!

Greetz,
Magitta

FFXI profile

Dungeons and Magic (working title)(Posted 2002-12-27)
Hi everybody!

I just made a movie of my newest project. Dunno if you guys are interested but here's the story (in short). It's about a female mage who's, yet, very limited in her skils. She has to retrieve a very powerfull magic rod from the depths of the aincient dungeons infested by deamons and other foul fiends. The young mage's master has entered the dungeons before her to recapture the rod, but he has not been seen for weeks. So now lies upon they to find the rod before the evil deamon gets his filthy hands on it.
Okay I realise I'm not good at writing stories but the guy who writes them usually is on vacation...ghehehe. Here's the deal with the gameplay. It's a 3rd person shoot 'em up ala Drakan, only it has more of a mage then a warrior for main character. You have to learn spells from ancient artifacts you find in the dungeons and cast them at your opponents using a zelda64 style target system. Perhaps we'll even add a certains spell casting system where you'll have to move yer mouse in certains figures to cast spells. Just thoughts, just thoughts.
The game will be based upon bsp cos it's mostly indoor. And it'll ofcourse be decorated by beautyfull 3ds/md2/b3d models. Below here you'll find some media to get sneak inside the production:) Please comment us so we can improve our game;)

Greetz,
Magitta

Coding: Magitta
2D/3D Art: Moondog
Story/design: RogueX

The media:
Models and drawing done by Moondog

Low res movie 750K

Greetz,
Magitta

FFXI profile