Worklog for Der Vampyr Engel

Worklog 1

Return to Worklogs

New Update Joystick Control(Posted 2003-12-04)
Finally worked out how to get the rudders on the joystick to work (althouygh it is still not perfect as yet, I think I will have to pester about with questions) I have finally decided to just start to program everything separately as I think it would be too kludgy to put everything together, I still need a lot of help especially with getting the keyboard controls and the joystick controls to work ah well back to the drawing board

Astro Warrior and Solar Dominion Update(Posted 2002-10-30)
New Screenshots are now in progress for Solar Dominion, now that Blitz can now detect joystick throttles including USB there is now little reason not to start on the programming, first comes Astro Warrior, ported from 3D RAD, still I tried to contact Chroma about the base throttle thing, I know you need a negative number for reverse, question is how do you do this when the code looks like the numbers are negative anyway, still hopefully I will get an answer to that soon, nearly all the models for Solar Dominion are done, only Space and land Cargo transport needs to be done and changing all the models to MDL2 format for animation purposes(i.e. for the hovercraft Fans and Space/Aircraft landing) need to find out however how to make neutral vehicles so either player or A.I pilots can enter them and also so that both player & a.i. pilots can control them.

Astro Warrior models are all finished, I was going to put a tank level in it but I might do that in the sequel, right now I just want to get it done, I need to work out how to do diffrent levels and splash screens so I can do a planetary mission as well as a space mission, if I can do that then I might still do a couple of tank levels, and some way of getting in and out of vehicles just to break the monotony of being in a spacecraft all the time, .For Solar Dominion I wish to get the Pandromeda Software, Mojo World Generator so I can actually have a virtual cyberplanet for the 3D R.T.S. as supposed to just a map, as it would be interesting to be able to go to actual worlds in cyberspace, problem is, as the worlds when rendered so all the detail, the game might only be able to run properly on Pentium 3 600MHz and above and I only have a P2 350, still I will need to upgrade it to a P3 1.0 GHZ and I can still use Bryce 5 for less powerful machines, I could do 2 versions of the game, one higher version and one lower version.

Will also have to put up another web page and get my web address changed so people can see the screenshots, and I need to submit some up onto the Blitz board.