Worklog for Eikon

HydraMax IDE

Return to Worklogs

« Omega »(Posted 2007-03-19)
HydraMax v0.7 full has been released for free:

http://www.eiksoft.com/hydra/down.html

Eiksoft: Wii Flash Games

« Busy Time of Year »(Posted 2006-12-06)
The Wii/Zelda and my real job have been keeping my hands tied lately, but I wanted to make this worklog update to let those following the project know that v1.0 public is going to be released in late January. The testers have been very helpful, and Grisu especially by aiding me in adding multi-language support.

I wish everyone a happy holidays :)

« Folding »(Posted 2006-11-06)

Thanks to everyone who has responded to my request for testers. There is still a week left for anyone else who wants to test. This past week I was able to get code folding working, and also added an output to file option that allows compiler output be viewed/saved in its own document.

Check out the new screenshot at the Hydra site:

www.eiksoft.com/hydra

The test version will be sent out next Monday.

Update
¤ Non bmx files now use a black/white un-highlighted style
¤ Code folding tweaked, now folds at any indent block, regardless of commenting
¤ Folding tab added to options screen. User able to choose from four styles and set marker fore/back color
¤ 'yes' save on exit bug fixed
¤ folding bar color now replaces matching brace color in themes
¤ Removed line in text area when folding with SCI_SETFOLDFLAGS
¤ Find form redesigned
¤ Show folding line option added to folding tab on options screen, tied to INI. Line uses marker back color
¤ F1 Autohelp bugs fixed
¤ Line Numbers added to option screen and tied to INI
¤ Text selections in multiple files bug fixed
¤ Output as file option that puts compiler output in a seperate window for viewing/saving.
¤ Autohide output setting now affects output to file mode by restoring focus to src

Leave a Comment

« Requesting Testers »(Posted 2006-10-30)

I've decided that I will get better feedback by doing closed rather than public testing, so please e-mail hydra@... if you would like to be a tester for v0.6 of HydraMax. I am looking for users who have the time to both thoroughly test the program and send in bug reports. Your feedback on bugs and features will be critical in making sure that the public release is as good as possible.

Visit the HydraMax site for a new screenshot of v0.6

http://www.eiksoft.com/hydra

Updates
¤ Hydra Debugger now supports normal compile errors as well as unhandled exceptions
¤ Background image option added to options and tied to INI, requires restart
¤ Duplicate file check to only allow the same file open once
¤ Debugger now working for build as well as build + run
¤ long file names issue sorted
¤ Fixed theme colorboxes being non modal
¤ New bookmark and file next/prev icons
¤ Last 10 recent files now saved and added to Open Recent on load
¤ Last 32 open files now auto loaded on program load
¤ Last directory saved and restored on open
¤ More toolbar icons replaced
¤ Debug, Quick Build, and GUI options tied to INI
¤ F1 auto Help function added
¤ Finished HydraMax install script (innosetup)
¤ HydraMax now warns of unsaved files on exit
¤ Function and type tree list now alphabetically sorted
¤ All compile errors now show on a form, replacing msgboxes
¤ ErrorFile$ bug corrected
¤ Hydra at v0.6

Leave a Comment

« Hydra Strikes (again) »(Posted 2006-10-21)

There has been a ton of work put into Hydra over the past week. A lot of serious issues were ironed out, and I am now becoming more confident about the initial test release. The most integral part of the latest work is the completion of an external debugger. The debugger returns detailed information to Hydra that can then display the error message and highlight the line in the code where the error occured.

I also had time to put together a web page for HydraMax, you can visit it here:

http://www.eiksoft.com/hydra

only the front page is there now, but when the demo is released in a couple of weeks, this will be the place to find it.

Updates
¤ Keyword learning routine recoded and working %100
¤ Block Un/Comment restore focus to line/col properly
¤ Theme saving completed / theme list now loaded from scanned theme dir
¤ New themes can now be applied. Changes affect all newly opened files
¤ Users theme choice now saved to hydra.ini on apply and restored on program load
¤ Statusbar added to theme form to tell user more about what is going on
¤ Bug fixed that stopped error line from being highlighted
¤ Now asks you to select your BlitzMax directory on first load and saves to ini
¤ Auto Hide output option added to INI, only shows output when running. Misc tab added to options screen
¤ XP menu style option added to options screen, saves to ini
¤ Fixed blitzpath bug
¤ Fixed applied theme crash bug
¤ Fixed output show/hide bug
¤ Made bookmark setting affect all open documents
¤ Toolbar, status bar, output, folding bar, navigator, and bookmark bar tied to INI
¤ Autocapatalization of keywords added when moving to new line (needs testing)
¤ No longer auto caps keywords that happen to be inside of comments
¤ Highlight active line and block cursor options added and tied to ini
¤ selected text fore color option now available for the navigator
¤ Numerous auto cap bugs fixed (still needs testing)
¤ F3 to find next added
¤ Upon error, file where error occured is now set focus to. If file isn't open, it will be loaded auto first
¤ Type functions no longer appear under regular function section in tree due to new dupe checking
¤ Major tree problems fixed (2+ hours work)
¤ Tree now updated in real time
¤ Clicking on a function in the tree while viewing help now brings src file into focus
¤ Hydra_Debug external debugger created. Basic debugging support now in Hydra

Leave a Comment

« Test coming soon! »(Posted 2006-10-12)

I updated this worklog mainly to bring it back online after the site issues, and also to let those interested know that HydraMax is nearing the testing stage and will be available for demo very soon. Keep an eye on the BlitzMax section of the forum for details.

Leave a Comment

« Orange Swirl Edition »(Posted 2006-10-12)

Work on the project has slowed, but things are still progressing at a decent pace. On August 4th I will be moving back home to NC after living here at Myrtle Beach, SC for the past year. Things should pick up again once I get situated.

Updates

¤ SetTheme and UseTheme functions completed. This allows the user to make changes to the current theme and apply them, though saving and loading of theme files is still to come. You will be able to preview all changes in real time by applying them, then you can choose to save the theme or revert to last loaded by hitting cancel.
¤ Labels now loaded in tree list (Navigator)
¤ Includes now loaded in tree
¤ Build + UPX option added to program menu that automatically compresses your program with UPX v2.01 after it's built. Thanks to Dreamora for the excellent idea.
¤ Many program and Tree icons replaced
¤ Search and Edit menus merged. Bookmarks and find commands now available on the right click menu
¤ Bookmarks toolbar completed
¤ Instead of listing the full function in the tree, only the name is now used. Full function with params available in the tooltip. Tooltip width expanded to 512px
¤ Axed Constants and Publics from tree view because of their non usefulness and added load time / tree populate time cut by 2/3
¤ Final Tree View arrangement is Help, Files, Functions, Types (methods + functions), Labels, and Includes
¤ Tree view is updated on return from compile as opposed to saving to cut delay
¤ All Last expanded sections are now expanded properly on tree reload
¤ Average tree populate time for a 7,000 line file with over 100 functions and types is less than 50ms
¤ Focus now correctly restored to last line/col after program execution
¤ Tab position now properly maintained when moving to new line

Leave a Comment

« Theme Manager »(Posted 2006-10-12)

Updates

¤ Program menu items are now disabled and enabled properly when a program is running.
¤ Fixed output bug that was causing it to miss errors
¤ Fixed option form bug that screwed the ini
¤ Work started on the keyword learning routine. 50% complete
¤ Module server now selectable on the Synchronize Modules form. Servers included are pub brl, mak, axe, birdie, and gman. User can also enter a custom server name.
¤ Paint, Hex Editor, and Calculator added to the Tools menu.
¤ Quick Build, Debug Build, and GUI App options are now working and linked across the menu and toolbar.
¤ Command Line entry form complete.
¤ Theme Manager form created along with a new .hydra file format for themes. More than 20 options are included.
¤ Work has begun on getting the Theme Manager form to load and save theme files.
¤ HydraMax at v0.3

Leave a Comment

« First Screenshot »(Posted 2006-10-12)

Updates

¤ Synchronize modules form and routine complete. Allows user to enter username, pass, and proxy address. Both BRL and PUB are updated by default.
¤ Function section added to the tree. Source file is now scanned for functions to add.
¤ Function click action now working. When user clicks on function name, line containing function is moved to and highlighted.
¤ Type section added to tree. Type functions and methods are also loaded under each type entry if found.
¤ Hydra.ini created. First settings to be saved are the tree colors and font.
¤ Tree font chooser working. All settings can be previewed from the options form. If the user hits cancel, all settings will revert to the last saved.
¤ Username, password (encrypted), and proxy for sync mods saved to ini and restored on form load
¤ Build and Rebuild All module routines complete, output captured
¤ Tree items are now added/removed dynamically as the user switches between documents. The last expanded tree item is also saved so that the tree comes back as you left it.
¤ Routine to capture output recoded. New method is much lighter on the CPU.
¤ IDE shuts down running process if user closes IDE during execution
¤ Block Comment and Uncomment routines coded and added to right click menu
¤ Block Indent and outdent added to right click menu

Leave a Comment

« Trees and Things »(Posted 2006-10-12)

* new screen shots coming soon *

Updates

¤ Switched from default to powerful Extree tree control for the function list. It allows icons and the rest.
¤ Blitz Help Added to tree. Under it will eventually be links to modules, help chapters, etc.
¤ Folder tree item added. New files will go under this folder, and you can switch focus between files by clicking on the file name in the tree, again eliminating the need for tabs.
¤ Ctrl + Left / Ctrl + Right to switch active file, hotkeys added
¤ Output window created. Will reside under the source file instead of on a seperate tab/doc. There will also be an option to only show the window during compile time.
¤ Was able to capture the output from bmk.exe to the scintilla box
¤ Compiler error catching complete. User can decide whether a msgbox containing the error will be thrown, or if it will simply show in the output window. Line where the error is found is then moved to and highlighted.
¤ Files under the folder object in the tree will have extension specific icons. Icons for .txt, .bmx, .etc

Leave a Comment

« First Look »(Posted 2006-10-12)

Past week's developments:
¤ Toolbar added. Each section will be hide/showable.
¤ Side pane added and tree view control chosen, will begin work on the panel's contents soon.
¤ Run, Build, and Build and Run menu options are now working. There are also buttons to toggle debug and quick mode when building. Next I need to work on capturing output, then the output window itself. Stop Program is working as well.
¤ Ctrl + TAB to switch between files has been added. This will make the MDI interface as easy to navigate as a tabbed UI by allowing you to switch to the next/prev document with a hotkey.
¤ About window graphics and text credit scroller complete
¤ Blitz Help added. User can view the HTML documentation with forward/back controls available.

Lots more to come :)

Leave a Comment

« Hydra Strikes »(Posted 2006-10-12)

HydraMax is a brand new IDE being developed for BlitzMax. My focus will be on keeping the editor as small and as fast as possible. For those of you who prefer simple but powerful editors like Visual Blitz that don't require the .NET framework to run, you will find yourself right at home in HydraMax. HydraMax uses the very well known and powerful source editing and syntax highlighting component, Scintilla.

Features will include:
¤ Lite, Standard, and Office XP menu styles
¤ Line Numbers, Word Wrapping
¤ Function folding (includes If/Endif, For/Next, and Extern folding, too)
¤ Find, Replace, Goto Line
¤ Bookmark system
¤ Uploadable theme system. Share your color scheme with the community
¤ Since HydraMax is an MDI application, you'll get all the advantages of viewing multiple documents at once, such as editing source files side by side.
¤ Project manager
¤ Tools such as calculator, mspaint, a hex editor, and more. Always at your fingertips
¤ Lots more features to be announced

Stay tuned. More info and screenshots coming soon!

Leave a Comment