Worklog for mrpeepers

Worklog 1

Return to Worklogs

New Project(Posted 2003-08-26)
I've started work on a strategy-rpg hybrid game engine that I'm hoping will be a first of it's kind or at least an improvement. With what I have in mind, it should give a much higher degree of interaction to players so that even hard-core action gamers may enjoy it. It will include a very powerful system made from scratch with the versatility of AD&D but more suited to a fast-paced video game environment. Although the engine is aimed toward 3D game design, it will not focus on revolutionary graphics but rather on stability and fun.

I will try and release demo's of different aspects of the engine as they are completed and maybe a short game combining all features. If it turns out well and people like the demo's i'll try and get a team together for a full game. By my next worklog hopefully i'll have a name for the engine as well, but we'll see. Thanks for bothering to read this and I hope you'll take interest in it.

-Brett

Computer Specs: P4 2.4Ghz, 512MB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon 9500 Pro, Windows XP Home, DirectX 9.0b