Worklog for jfk EO-11110

Worklog 1

Return to Worklogs

Several things released(Posted 2006-01-17)
I'm not a good worklog writer, so here's a round up of what I used to release over 2005

After SlimShady I released TextureWobbler, a freeware tool to create seamlessy animated textures for "liquid substances", eg. Water etc. This tool can be found in the toolbox section.

I also released DrGreen, a tool dedicated for video compositioning, greenscreening. It also allows to add some filters to a video. The tool is using MCISendString to read the Frames from the source video and therefor it's pretty slow and even not very reliable. I am waiting for some people to complete a project for quick and accurate Frame Access from within Blitz. www.melog.ch/drgreen

Then I was busy with a nobudget amateur video production for several months. If you want so see the movies webpage, goto www.melog.ch/genom . Tho, don't expect too much, we're all beginners and did this just for fun. BTW Some effects were added using tools created with Blitz3D.

Late 2005 I found some time to release an Update for the CSP FPS engine: Version 5.5 added language support and a few more new features.

Traditionally I went underground around new year and completely concentrated on a new level design. Parallely to the level design I also added new features to the Engine, so finally I released the latest CSP Engine Update V6.0 and a playable demo yesterday, january the 16. 2006: www.melog.ch/dropper

.[VRV Engine].[Midnight Mesh Modeller].[Blitz Project Integrator].[CSP FPS Engine].[BlitzCube].[CSP Interior Pack 1].[Deep Purple Chess].[Slim Shady].[Texture Wobbler].[DrGreen].

Twilight of the Gods(Posted 2004-07-17)
Released a new Demo of the CSP Game Engine, Dev. Version 4.01. Featuring new Water FX, Cutscenes and a Ladder Handler. Still needs a lot of work tho. Just follow my Sig to download the latest demo (demo 4).

This time I also used some art content by genious artists like Psionic, Rogue Vector or Halo.

.[VRV Engine].[Midnight Mesh Modeller].[Blitz Project Integrator].[CSP FPS Engine].[BlitzCube].[CSP Interior Pack 1].[Deep Purple Chess].[Slim Shady].[Texture Wobbler].[DrGreen].

Slim Shady Lightmapper(Posted 2004-06-18)
Released a new Freeware lightmapper, based on YAL:

http://www.melog.ch/slimshady/

forest(Posted 2004-03-11)
added forest / tree creation function to code archives:

http://www.blitzbasic.com/codearcs/codearcs.php?code=949

Deep Purple Chess(Posted 2004-02-13)
Released a simple&cheap 3D Chess for Novices.

http://www.melog.ch/shop/dpchess/

The Secret Of Manes(Posted 2003-12-31)
Yet another playable demo level, using version 3 of the engine, now with timebombs, underwatermode, new particles etc.

http://www.melog.ch/dropper/

"Operation Enduring Pretzel"(Posted 2003-11-01)
This new FPS Demo was relesed some week ago. Just thought I've got to update the worklogs :)

New VIS Compiler(Posted 2003-01-31)
Added a VIS Compiler for lightmapped Level-Geometry (ie.Maplet Exports) to Code Archives. It splits a Mesh into several Clusters and occludes them dynamicly based on precalculated VIS-Data. The VIS Compiler uses the Unique Color Identifier System (UCI). Works best with HUGE Levels on crappy Computers. Will be implemented in the CSP FPS Engine Suite.

EDIT: I have removed it again from the Archives because it seems Maplet 2.0 will be released relativley soon and it will feature a native VIS Occlusions System that will be much more effective than mine. So it would be a bad idea to use mine.

CSP FPS Engine Suite(Posted 2003-01-22)
CSP FPS Engine Suite

Added Online Help.
http://melog.ch/dropper/help.html
http://melog.ch/dropper/

Interior Dropper Tools Suite contains several Parts:

A Level Editor. Load a Decorator- or Maplet-Level Mesh and add Interior like Chairs, Tables, Oil-Drums, Doors, Keys, Medi-Pacs, Ammo, Weapons, 3D-Sounds... One Goodie is the Preview Mode for Textures, Sounds and Meshes in the Fileselector.

A Waypoint Sequence Recorder. Walk around in FPP and record your Way. This saved Data can be used for a NPC-Waypoint Walk in the Game.

A Game Engine. It loads the edited Level and the Waypoint Files. It is simple yet but already gives you the Possibility to play trough a full Level, from Start to Exit.

These Tools are Open Source and you might have to tune them for your special Purposes.

Current Revision is V.0.8, featuring a working FPS Engine. Including the playable Demo Level "Operation Chateau Pregny".

History

0.75 First Release, lotsa little and one huge Bug that happened only on some Machines

0.76 Thought I had fixed that huge Bug

0.77 Fixed that huge Bug, added Strafe and WASD Controls

0.8 Added:
Multiple Weapons System
Impact Sprites
Multipe Enemy Meshes Functionality
Enhanced Enemy AI (IQ goes from 5.0 to 10.0... :) )
Fixed Tons of Bugs and added some new ones

http://melog.ch/dropper/

800kBit Encryption(Posted 2002-09-22)
I have added a special method of encryption to an UDP-Chat that I have found in the Code Archives. It requires to hand over a Key personally IRL (not useful for all situations) and afais it is pretty secure.
Enncryption Algorythm and surrounding Chat can be found here:

http://www.melog.ch/advanced_pretzel/

I hope this is useful for any ppl who love freedom.
[EDIT] Please note: Since Windows is caching Read-access this method requires to be shure that none is reading your disk-cache (make shure your firewall doesn't have holes)

However, this "Brute-Force-Encoding"-Algorithm provides an accurate amount of Encryption. When you try to ZIP a Key then the Key-File will be bigger than before...

added shadows to code archive(Posted 2002-09-21)
I promised to do so, but then I had troubles with my Harddrive. Finally I have found the source on a Backup, so there it is.

Mini 3D Enine for Blitz 2D. (Quads based)(Posted 2002-09-06)
Added a simple / tiny 3D engine with linear texturemapping for Blitz2D to the Code Archives.
(I wrote this for the Menuet OS in FASM, but first I wrote it in Blitz and translated "line after line" to Assembler)

I also want to mention that I have made a working 3D Scanner in Blitz:

http://www.melog.ch/3dscan/

Game Connector(Posted 2002-06-01)
I'm working on a Perl CGI-Script that will allow Players to choose from a List of hosted Games or to host a new Game and add their IP to the List. IPs are not visible to the Player (unless he's using packetsniffers) and everything is automated so the User only has to click the desired Game by Description.

The Script is running on a Webserver 24/7. Whenever 2 PPL want to play that game at the same time, they will meet eachother without the need to know eachothers IPs.

It works with a standartized Protocol and can be used for diffrent types of games.

Unfortunately there haven't been enough of beta testers online at the same time to do some serious stress tests which are required to localize some lil bugs.

I think I'll have to make a competition where PPL can win cash in my next stress test.

CSP Image Modeller(Posted 2002-03-19)
The CSP ImageModeller is a 3D Modelling Tool not unlike Photomodeller, but very simple to use. The user will have to load a Side- and a Frontview of a Person. He will then have to define the Vertices and Triangles based on these Images. There's still one hour work or so for one Face, but the Result shows that it's worth the effort. I know, there are several automatic Converters, but they wouldn't be that precise.
Please don't expect too much: it's a simple Tool.

Released first working Version (0.1). You can download it now (or maybe later due to limited Traffic on tripod).

This Program is in a very early stage, nonetheless it's already useful. By now it can only save Meshes as VRML. But there are many free .WRL to .3DS Converters, ie. 'Crossroads'.

My Space at tripod:

http://krokant.tripod.com/cyberskunkpictures/id5.html

Fledged 0.8 - Please test!(Posted 2002-03-09)
Revision Details (Current Rev: 0.8):

I've done a lot of improvements like animated/textured MD2 Opponents, Framerate-Independence, new Menu, Vegetation, Ads, Chicanes, Bitmap-Font etc. and I need some Test-Results now, thanks.

BlitzMotion(Posted 2002-01-26)
BlitzMotion will be a low Cost Motion Tracking System. There are Plans for 2 diffrent Trackers: 2D and 3D. The 2D Tracker works with one Camera and is used for Speech Synchronizing and alike. The 3D Tracker uses 2 Cameras and can be used to record Model Animation such as Kung Fu etc.

The Project is in a very early stage, everything is a kind of a Work around at the Moment. I've got Webcam Images in BB with approx. 0.5 s Lag.

Fledged Hoverboard(Posted 2002-01-21)
A V.0.8 Shot (Hmmm - I've seen these Trees somewhere before... Gimme some Time, I'll remember where it was.)

Fledged International Hoverboard Championship

This is a First Person Perspective Hoverboard Racing Simulation. 'Nitrogen-cooled Magnets make the Boards levitate in Mid-Air. Really.' (Free Energy forever!)

Revision Details (Current Rev: 1.0):
Last Bugs are now protected by WWF, final Cut, adding Publisher Logo.
Added a lot of Goodies. (0.8)
Fixed the "freezing" Bug. (0.71)
Not perfect but great fun (as people say). (0.70)

Project State: 16 Levels ready to be sold. Send me offers.

CSP World Builder(Posted 2002-01-17)
This is a World Building System for Blitz 3D Programmers. This Software is used to create 3D-Enviroments.
You can import and texture a TRN-Terrain. (TRN-Creator Source included), load and adjust X/3DS in a Walktrough-Mode, save the whole Project in a new Folder, including Mediafiles and B3D-Sourcecode to load the World in your Game. Has some nice Features like a Realtime Light and Fog-Fader and more.

Revision Details (Current Rev: 0.2):
01.14.2002:Added Collision Detection System. 01.09.2002:Had still some not so relevant Bugs.
A Cyber Skunk Production