Worklog for starfox

Worklog 1

Return to Worklogs

Some New Games...(Posted 2004-07-09)
I've been working on two games at the current time that I am quite excited about.

Raccoon Chronicles, a zelda3 style action-adventure that won't be finished anytime soon.

And Tangent Gems (Tentative title), a pseudo 3d puzzle style game, that is very similar to Sonic's Blue Sphere game.

Here is an early picture from Raccoon Chronicles, showing off multiple levels(and layers), animated tiles, script engine, and music.

And a really really early picture of Tangent Gems, showing off the 3d grid.

It should be done before the end of fall

Baaaa to the bone X3!

Visit Dawkins Creations Sometime

The Bone Collector Beginnings(Posted 2002-09-21)
I've been working on a program that can create bones and animation. I've been using Lightwave for that, but since Tom's Lightwave Exporter only supports one surface without any configurations I decided to make my own program:) It is going pretty well and can import all geometry formats that blitz can import(.x,.3ds,.b3d) and can export .b3d with everything included!
Here's a snap from it:

And here is where the download should be availiable(sometime)
The Bone Collector
It's complete, just needs a few touches:)

Baaaa to the bone X3!

Internet Blitz (aka IB)(Posted 2002-01-22)
Internet Blitz is almost ready for release, yes it is another UDP Internet Program, but has more than meets the eye. I set it up to work like DirectPlay so you don't need to modify your code that much, it is very simple and small. All I need to do, is to get it to work with the netgame.bb that uses directplay, to use Internet Blitz. There are no max players. The commands are:

StartIBGame() (DirectPlay Name: StartNetGame)
Sets up the stream of the ibgame

CreateIBPlayer() (DirectPlay Name: CreateNetPlayer)
Creates a netplayer and sends a message to the host that this person has joined the game

DeleteIBPlayer() (DirectPlay: DeleteNetPlayer)
Deletes the person

StopIBGame() (DirectPlay: StopNetGame)
Stops a ibgame

IBPlayerName() (DirectPlay: NetPlayerName)
Returns the specified ip's name

IBPlayerLocal() (DirectPlay: NetPlayerLocal)
Returns if a ip is local

RecvIBPMsg() (DirectPlay: RecvNetMsg)
Very similar to RecvNetMsg, returns true if received a net message

IBMsgType() (DirectPlay: NetMsgType)
Returns the type of the last message sent

IBMsgData() (DirectPlay: NetMsgData)
Returns the data (string) within the message

SendIBMsg() (DirectPlay: SendNetMsg)
Just like DirectPlay, the core of the functions
sends a message

IBMsgTimeOut() ;Extra command
Tells when a message can timeout

WriteIBString() ;Extra command
Writes a string to the udpstream

SendIBPacket() ;Extra command
Sends a packet to the specified ip

IBCopyPacket() ;Extra command
Copys a packet to another packet

CheckIBDatabase() ;Extra command
Checks to see if a new person joined or if a joined person sends the new person a message

CountIBPlayers() ;Extra command
Counts how many ibplayers there are in the network

All in all, I think these commands are useful when BlitzMax arrives, and we do not use DirectPlay anymore (OpenGL now) it will be a easy switch for anyone. Any suggestions email dogpile10@...

Baaaa to the bone X3!

Still working..(Posted 2001-12-13)
Just added saving and loading to Animation Street Shop Beta 1.0 and it is arriving release. Now all I have to do in beta 1.0 is to have the edit menu for the entities. I still need some help working on Beta 2.0 because it will support a joint system that uses Blitz's CreateMesh(). Email dogpile10@.... Screenshots are up at www.blitz3d.co.uk, go there to download a sample movie created in Animation Street Shop Beta 1.0

Baaaa to the bone X3!

Animation Street Shop Beta 1.0(Posted 2001-12-03)
Yep, that's the name, it is going to be released in about 2 weeks or a little more(depending on how much homework I have). The point of the program is to make animating objects (characters,planes,terrain) a lot easier. I will also have multiple cameras, for different viewpoints, multiple light sources. I'll put a screenshot up, as soon as I can. Beta 2.0 will have a lot more things, but I don't want to get devoted too quickly.

Baaaa to the bone X3!