Worklog for Curly J

Worklog 1

Return to Worklogs

Blitz 2D Exorcist(Posted 2002-05-09)
OK been busy with stuff...
here is a link that will let you have a got at what ive got so far
here
edit the value in line 8 of 11.map to change the game speed to suit your pc spec - will try and work a timer in later!! The lower the number the faster the game will run - the higher the slower it will run.

Let me know what you think!

I've re-coded the AI - i was able to guess its moves! - now its a better hunter.

I did try putting a timer on the was to set them back to unlit after a set time, but, it was crap! so its been ditched!

Player and monster homes are now working, and the player can now be hurt from contact with the bad guys.

Each room now has a background, that lights up as you pass over it.

Exits now open once all the walls are lit - also the monters now return to their home when the walls are lit.

Next thing I am working on it getting the dead monsters to make a run for an exit - if the player catches them then you gain energy.

Thats it! Now my connection it back I will be putting a working demo up over the next day or two.

------------------------------------------------

Where are the Blitz 2D work logs? 3D overload!!

I’ve decided to write a game based VERY loosely on a game I once played on my C16.

The idea is that you run around a top down map lighting up the walls, while avoiding the nasty things that live there.

So far I’ve done: -

Map engine – uses different graphics for the walls per map
Each map read in can specify the graphic set to use for the walls and monsters, as well as the animation speeds

Player movement, including lighting up the walls the player passes
Monster AI and set in place code to make sure the player looses energy if contact is made
Monster, player and wall animation are now working independently, so that everything doesn’t animate at the same time.

Things I will be doing next are: -
Creating player power level, so the monsters can start hurting
Putting a timer on each wall block lit up so that it becomes un-lit if the player is taking to long
Set up player and monster homes that only a monster / player can enter
Make exit doors open once all walls are lit

Much more to do but these must be worked on first.
I will try to get a working example of what I’ve done on line so you can have a look and maybe tell me what you think so far!
CurlyJ :-)

Im just a simple person ;-)