Worklog for Mojokool

Worklog 1

Return to Worklogs

Update 30.06.04(Posted 2004-06-30)
- Conituing to work on the editor. I have taken old code from some of my previous editors and updated the code so that it works as a plugin with the main interface.

- The main interface has worked out really nice. So far all it does is process which plugin to execute. Every aspect of Blitz GE, except for the main interface, is run off it's own plugin to allow for user custimization. For example if the user does not like how the viewports or mesh plugins work then they can simply remove those plugins from the code, add their own viewport and mesh plugins, recompile, and now the editor "should" work as normal but with the user's new customizations.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
//////// TODO LIST
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
------------------------------------------------------------
Started - 23.06.04
Completed - 50%
Task - Create a main plugin interface
Started - 24.06.04
Completed - 26.06.04
Task - Create a create primitives plugin
Started - 25.06.04
Completed - 30%
Task - Create a editor viewports plugin

- Ron A. Bravo
Digital Artist
Home Page - www.ronbravo.com
Project Page - http://gobotox.ronbravo.com
"Never give up, Never surrender"

Update - 25.06.04(Posted 2004-06-25)
- I know have a pretty good working interface. So far the design is really simple but a little confusing. I will need to code plugin samples and provide plugin template so that anyone looking to add to the editor will know how to connect to the system. The main interface so far is really just a function that directs and controls which plugin to run. So far I have created only one plugin that creates another window but thats it.

- I have also modified the Blitz UI code some what. This modified version of Blitz UI will be needed in order to run the Blitz program properly. I plan on making more modifications to the Blitz UI like hopefully adding popup menu support when I get a chance.

//////// TODO LIST
Started - 23.06.04
Completed - 30%
Task - Create a main plugin interface
Started - 24.06.04
Completed - 60%
Task - Create a create primitives plugin
Started - 25.06.04
Completed - 0%
Task - Create a editor viewports plugin

- Ron A. Bravo
Digital Artist

Update - 23.06.04(Posted 2004-06-23)
- Started coding the main interface for Blitz GE. So far everything seems to be working OK and the interface is very simple. It is very well commented and flows real nice.

So far these are the features we are looking to get:
- FEATURE LIST

1. Standard core program inteface control and flow
2. Blitz GE standard file format
3. Creation of primitives/models/lights
4. Standard transform tools. eg, move, rotate, scale
5. Modification of standard blitz entities lights, camera, and meshes.

- Ron A. Bravo
Digital Artist

Update - 21.06.04(Posted 2004-06-23)
Welcome one and all to the start of Blitz GE. So far nothing is flushed out at the moment so I thought we'd take the oppurtunity to see who would like to join along and where we should be headed with this project.

The main goal of this project it to provide the Blitz community with a game editor that is able to accomplish the most common tasks involved with game creation, give visual editing capability to blitz data, provide structured and modular code for others to expand it's capapbilities, and be 100% free.

- GUI

I think that the GUI that could be used for the interface should be Blitz UI. It nice, simple to use, supports the most common GUI gadget, and free. If anyone thinks we should use something else feel free to post your suggestions and why would should use your alternative GUI.

- INTERFACE

As far as the whole flow of the editor I think the best way to keep this as modular as possible is to have the core program which would just process which user function to go to. All the funtions could be kept in a seperate include file which people in the community could add to. Sounds pretty simple but I'll see if I can provide an example in the next couple of weeks to be more clear.

- DOCUMENTATION
I am not too sure how this will work out but I'm open to suggestion. I do know that a set form of code documentation will need to be established early in the project so that the "official" or main people working on this will have a standard to go by when creating code. As far as other people creating adding there own code, all we should ask is that it be properly documented.

- FEATURE LIST

I think we should start off with a feature list of things the editor will need. Keep in mind that the list should be really simple with maybe no more than 5 suggestion per person that way we can pick the best ones and get those completed before moving on.

Here is my feature list:

1. Standard core program inteface control and flow
2. Standard Blitz GE file format for loading and saving
3. Standard transform tools. eg, move, rotate, scale
4. Editing of Blitz light properties
5. Editing of Blitz camera properties

This is just a simple list to start off with. Even though I think it's still pretty simple I imagine it will take some time to even complete this. Please post your feature list, no more than five, and I think we as a community can vote on what to get done.

- Ron A. Bravo
Digital Artist