Worklog for Caleb

Axe Shredder/Drum Hero

Return to Worklogs

The Beginning...(Posted 2009-12-22)
Okay, so I've already made alot of progress on this bc i was experimenting with the demo version and got most of the bugs out...

Axe Shredder

Drum Hero

The notes from Drum Hero will eventually be going on Axe Shredder.

For Axe Shredder, the player has to pick up the keyboard and hold it like a guitar. Then hold the fret (1,2,3,4,5) and press any arrow key to strum. I also added Hammer-ons and Pull-offs, but for pull-offs, the fret has to be hit instead of held and releasing the higher fret.

I have 2 versions of Drum Hero. The first uses the keyboard: C,V,B,N,and M for the drums and SPACE for the bass. The second version actually uses the USB drums from Guitar Hero World Tour. Unfortunately, with the addition of the orange note, Rock Band drums won't work.

I originally started adding each note individually, but then I created a type in an array to make each note, which makes resyncing and creating notes a whole lot easier. It also allowed me to add the lines across the highway.

Basically all the bugs are out. I hope to add a little bit cooler effects when a note is hit. Right now I have some ghetto looking thing on the side that's supposed to be like a strobe/pulse light effect, but I admit that it looks stupid...

All I really need to do now is make the notecharts. I have a bunch that are in progress, but I really need to finish them...