Worklog for AlexZ

Worklog 1

Return to Worklogs

First Ever Game :: Zelda(Posted 2002-01-22)
Well, this is my first game... ever. I have dabbled into programming games once in a while but have never made anything that is playable. So, I got Blitz3D and ready to attempt at completing a project. This is also my very first worklog for everyone to see. Never kept one of my own either. Hopefully this will motivate me in completing a project. Anyhow, here is my million-dollar idea: Create ZELDA game. Don't worry, I am not going to sell it nor really distribute it outside of hobby/learning purposes. So, if any of you work for the big N, please stop dialing your lawyers. =)

Ok, here are my current specs:
Resolutions: 640x480, 800x600, 1024x768
Color Depth: 16/32bit
Input: 6+ Button Joystick, Analog Preffered. Keyboard as last resort.
Sound: Regular Stereo Sounds
Textures: 128x128 most, 256x256 large maps
Target Video Card: 16Meg PCI/AGP
Target RAM: 32Meg Available / 96Meg+ Total

I have purchased 3D Canvas Pro to do my models. I have Photoshop 6 / PaintShop Pro 7 for textures. Blitz3D for dev environment. Anything else would any of you recommend?

I am still very early in the stages of forming the game idea and my engine is nowhere presentable, but I do have a title screen that is VERY alpha.

Next update I hope to have something working so you may download and test it, the very least, I should have some pictures.

- AlexZ
Core2 Q6600/ATi X1950 Pro/WinXP/WinVista