Worklog for voodoo_bluesman

Worklog 1

Return to Worklogs

Engine Rewrite(Posted 2002-05-18)
Well, I'm about to begin another (3rd time) engine rewrite. The concept of my game has changed a bit, especially since I decided to work on the battle system. Arkane Winds was originally meant to be a bit of a FF copy, but I believe a classic Zelda style battle system would be better. I can't believe it, but I'm actually very excited about these changes.

The beginnings of Arkane Winds(Posted 2002-02-12)
Well, I began working on my first Blitz project about a week ago. I am creating a console style RPG, similar in fasion to the early Final Fantasy's or the Zelda's. I am basing it on a few short stories I wrote, and I will record the musical score myself. Only place I'm lacking in is artwork. I am relying on public domain stuff right now...

It's moving along a LOT faster than anticipated.
I already have the ability to load maps, move the "camera", move a character smoothly around, load other actors, and have those actor's roam around by themselves. Dialog is next I suppose, then maybe the combat system.

I hope to have a very basic demo up that will show some of these basic features soon...