Worklog for Htbaa

htbaapub.mod

Return to Worklogs

rest.mod and rackspacecloudfiles.mod updated(Posted 2010-11-14)
My REST module htbaapub.rest has been updated with a set of response code helper methods. Instead of doing a precise check on the status code (e.g. 202) you can now check if it’s inside the 2xx range. This release brings the IsInfo(), IsSuccess(), IsError(), IsRedirect(), IsClientError() and IsServerError() helper methods.

https://github.com/Htbaa/rest.mod

I’ve updated htbaapub.rackspacecloudfiles to version 1.08 to support the undocumented changes to the Cloud Files API. This release depends on the version 1.04 of htbaapub.rest.

https://github.com/Htbaa/rackspacecloudfiles.mod

My Blog | GitHub | Twitter | Maximus
Check my GitHub account for my BlitzMax modules
Using: BlitzMax, MaxGUI, BLide Plus, SpriteForge, Logic GUI, TimelineFX, ifsoGUI and last but not least myself :-)

htbaapub.mod 1.08(Posted 2010-06-05)
I just uploaded htbaapub.mod 1.08 which contains the latest version of rest.mod.

More info can be found at my website.

A full source download is also available.

Using: BlitzMax, MaxGUI, BLide Plus, SpriteForge, Logic GUI, TimelineFX, ifsoGUI and last but not least myself :-)

modules now MIT licensed(Posted 2010-01-15)
All modules that are part of htbaapub.mod have now been released under the MIT license (prior to no license before).

More info can be found at my website.

A full source download is also available.

process.mod and htbaapub.mod 1.06(Posted 2010-01-03)
htbaapub.mod got updated to version 1.06. It includes a new module process.mod.

More information about process.mod can be found here.

goal.mod and htbaapub.mod 1.05(Posted 2010-01-02)
htbaapub.mod got updated to version 1.05. It includes updates to rackspacecloudfiles.mod, and a new module goal.mod.

More information can be found here and here.

sqlbuilder.mod(Posted 2009-09-21)
I also decided to move my sqlbuilder.mod from my private repository htbaa.mod to htbaapub.mod.

The code was just laying around not being used. What it does is it allows you to create simple SQL queries with a simple interface. Basic stuff like SELECT, UPDATE, DELETE and INSERT are supported. Joining isn't as I didn't need it yet.

Please let me know what you think and if changes are required. Ideas are always welcome.

rest.mod(Posted 2009-09-20)
I've separated all the REST request functions from rackspacecloudfiles.mod and moved it to rest.mod, which is flagged version 1.00 and is hosted at GitHub.

Anyone wanting to do some interaction with REST servers please try the module and let me know what you think.

Separated(Posted 2009-09-09)
All modules in htbaapub.mod have now been separated into their own Git repository.

htbaapub.mod remains to exists as it references to all the modules by using Gits' Submodule feature. All history was preserved.

Also, all binary downloads have been removed. htbaapub.mod has been tagged version 1.00. It's a shame Github and Git itself don't support creating archives with submodules. So I decided to pack it up myself. You can get it here: 1.00-all_modules-source.zip

xmlrpc.mod update(Posted 2009-09-05)
Fixed a critical bug in TXMLRPC_Transport_Http (xmlrpc.mod) -- Please update if you use the HTTP Transport. Some servers are a bit picky on how to parse the received data according to the content-type. So I got it fixed.

I haven't updated the binary/pre-compiled as I'll remove all binaries soon from GitHub.

rackspacecloudfiles.mod improvements(Posted 2009-08-06)
rackspacecloudfiles.mod has been improved quite a bit. Some big show-stopping bugs have been fixed, like URL Encoding and the creation of URL's when uploading a file with a path-like name (e.g. some/path/my/file.txt).

Since libcurl supports a progress callback it's now also possible to get updated about the progress of the upload or download. Neat stuff.

I already started work on my Rackspace Cloud Files Sync program. Which allows me to make an online backup of a folder on my harddisk. When needed I can restore it. The program is smart enough to check the checksums of every file to see if a file really changed. If it hasn't nothing will happen and no unnecessary traffic is being wasted. I'm thinking about open sourcing this application as well and put it on GitHub. Of course, a compiled version will also be available.

So far the program has had a couple of stress tests (over 15 Gb uploaded) and with minor problems. Still need to figure something out on how to deal with failed uploads or connections and how to retry them.

More modules(Posted 2009-07-26)
Two more modules have been added. fsm.mod and factory.mod. The first is a module to build Finite State Machines. The second uses the Factory Design Pattern. These modules were moved from my private repository htbaa.mod. Have fun!

As usual it's available on GitHub.

rackspacecloudfiles.mod(Posted 2009-07-21)
I just finished rackspacecloudfiles.mod (formerly known as mossocloudfiles.mod).

As usual it's available on GitHub.

mossocloudfiles.mod(Posted 2009-06-27)
About a month ago I started work on a module that would allow me to interface with Mosso's Cloud Files service (mossocloudfiles.mod). The module is nearing completeness but still needs a couple of improvements. Currently it's not possible to get container- or filelisting with more than 10.000 records. This will be supported very soon though.

I also need a bigger list of file extension that I can map to content types. And a way to support multi-threading would be nice as well. Although it doesn't have a very high priority for me, as I don't use multi-threading (yet).

As a final change I need to rename the module to rackspacecloudfiles.mod as they recently changed their names :-)

fuzzy.mod and xmlrpc.mod RC2(Posted 2009-04-30)
I just released xmlrpc.mod-v1.0-RC2. All bugs have been fixed.

I also moved fuzzy.mod from RC1 to just a stable version. No changes have been made but the example has been documented. Get it while it's hot!

Any feedback is always welcome. The source code of the modules can be found at GitHub.

xmlrpc.mod bugfix(Posted 2009-04-29)
I (hope I) fixed the bug that caused a unhandled memory exception when a response with a single value was returned. I haven't updated the download yet so if you want to try it you need to download the source from the master branch.

Server introspection also works, but there are a few bugs on the client side. Which I hope to resolve any time soon.

fuzzy.mod(Posted 2009-04-28)
I ported Mat Bucklands' C++ implementation of fuzzy logic to BlitzMax, fuzzy.mod. As usual it can be found at GitHub.

I'm not going to explain what fuzzy logic is all about as others can do it a lot better than me. Go read Programming Game AI By Example for a very clear explanation. All I can say is that it's a very cool concept which can make your AI agents a bit more realism in decision making.

Update: fuzzy.mod V1.0 RC1 is now available for download.

Worklog started(Posted 2009-04-22)
I decided to start a worklog to keep everyone interested about the progress on the htbaapub.mod modules.

So far RC1 of xmlrpc.mod has been released. Check out this topic and the GitHub repository.