Worklog for Oiduts Studios

Tower Defense

Return to Worklogs

Demo(Posted 2010-03-13)
I probably shouldn't even call this a demo. There is absolutely no motion tween or delta timing or any type of frame limiter, if your computer is fast, its fast, and so forth. I added some stuff like a meteor that plummets from the sky and vaporizes the dragons. Sandstorm is epic so that the background music. It runs in 1024,768,32,2 (1024x768 full-screen). use arrow keys to rotate camera, mouse wheel to zoom( laptops make the game freeze up when zooming :) ), you have to RIGHT click on weapons to buy them then click left to place them. Hit start to begin level. It is really hard, there is no end, after level 10 it keeps going, i randomly decided to put this up so if it crashes your computer i'm sorry. I have tested it on my mom's windows xp (really old), my school computer windows xp(old), my laptop vista, and windows 7.

don't sue me
http://www.mediafire.com/?zmooa3tj3zy

Pirate game was hard(Posted 2010-03-09)
I lacked the necessary skills to make an RPG so I decided to hold off the Pirate Game until I grasp some stuff. I decided to make a tower defense because I love Balloon Tower Defense, that's pretty much all. It is wayyy more fun than my other game. I still need to loose the habit of using other peoples media and code but I am getting better. Yes, the dragon from the Blitz demos is the enemy, sorry, I promise to change it later.

There are only two weapons as of now; a basic missile turret and a Tesla coil, the turret can upgrade to a plasma turret. I plan for there to be at least 5 upgrades per weapon. There are three types of dragons; normal, speeders, and plasma dragons or I might even go for god dragons. I have no story or time period or anything, just a desire to code 24/7.

Here are some screenies...

Screenshot of level 1, game is based on a orthographic view that can be rotated and zoomed.

Gameplay

Showing some elements in the game.