Worklog for Oiduts Studios

The Pirate Game

Return to Worklogs

Mini-Games(Posted 2010-01-18)
Added:
-New mini game, just an experiment, push the beach ball into the goal, when it goes in it pops and shows another one comes out of the sky,landing randomly in the arena. It's kind fun already.
-Messed with water
-New trees
-Glow effect

new water(Posted 2010-01-04)
I have added Fast-Ext water, tweaked the physics and made them splash when they hit the water. I completely redid the camera so you can pan and tilt with the mouse.I also added a random island to test stuff on. The main island wont work with JV-ODE and all of the buildings are perfectly fit on that model, i don't know what to do... ( We are still working on the main character so the ninja model will have to do for now :)

To do list:
-Get new sky
-make the giant blackness in the water go away
-improve splash
-add more sounds
-make a new main island
-make a sun that doesn't eat frames...
-make a new dock
-fix conner's house
-tweak water to make bigger waves but not cut off characters legs
-add rocks and grass
-improve and add trees

Later:
-Characters...
-Make the WaterTreader drivable (the floating spaceship thing)
-add a working Gui and main menu
-and everything else

JV-ODE(Posted 2009-12-23)
I now have JV-ODE up a running, i held out for a while doing some other projects. I have also added the god ray effect from fast-ext, and changed the sky so i can make it dynamic. Still waiting on AC3D...

Some photos(Posted 2009-12-11)
Most buildings will be replaced when i buy AC3D, and most textures will be customized later. As of now though i am working out the bugs and designing the interface.

Learning(Posted 2009-12-02)
I now have dynamic shadows, bump-mapping, and post processing effects thanks to fast-extension. I am still working with multi-texturing and the sky. Placing buildings on the main island took hours, but since the longest part is done i am moving on to creating functions for rocks and grass.

In the Beginning(Posted 2009-12-02)
My friend and I have decided to make a game one day. I have been coding in blitz3d, of and on, for about 5 years. I had never tried to make a real game yet so this is very new to me. My friend already had a full storyline with at least 30 in depth characters and is called the Pirate Show. It may sound dumb and shallow but it is a very genius creation. Because this was the only story we had we decided to make a rpg with it. As of now he is working on the main character, a sea otter named Connor. Yes, every character is an animal. I purchased fast extension and i am now planning on getting JV-Ode and AC3D. This project is really helping me learn more about gaming as it is my planned career. I am only a sophomore in high school as of now. Well I could go further but i do now want to write a biography. So i will try to keep this log updated as well as i can.