Worklog for Drak

Tribal Simulation

Return to Worklogs

Another picture(Posted 2009-06-01)
Increased max camera zoom to 15 instead of 10.

Added cooking to the simulation. At a predetermined time each day 1 person will cook a random amount of food for the whole tribe. If no food is available, no food will be cooked. I use the term cook, although this could be considered "food preperation" as well, as technically not all the food the people gather needs to be cooked.

Changed the ground texture, not sure whether I like it better or not yet.

Modified the female walk animation as it looked like they all had bad knees before, lol. Much better now. Also added another animation, "farming".

Added day cycles.

Added chickens to the menu of obtainable food. Tribesman aren't programmed to hunt them yet, but they're out there running around.

Men will now only gather food if there is 25 pounds of food or less stored in the hut. I might change this to a lower amount as to me it seems like a lot of food.

No more placeholders!(Posted 2009-03-01)
I decided long ago that this program would not use placeholders like my other simple projects do. The cool part is I am done with all the meshes and animations.

I believe the males have about 8 different animations and the females have a few less.

Here's a shot of a tribesman at work: He's picking berries at the moment.

Rewriting some old code(Posted 2009-02-23)
Had to rewrite some older code to get some new features implemented. I'm taking a lot of what I've learned over my last few projects and injecting them into this one, which warranted the changes.

I'm also modifying the way each creature "thinks" and decided what is best for him. This should give each one many more choices and present a more unformatted routine.

I also added a optional "infobox" that displays the selected creature's or resources's stats. This gets a lot of information off the screen and makes it retrieveable only when the user wants to see it.