Worklog for Drak

Space Fight Simulation

Return to Worklogs

update(Posted 2009-12-05)
http://www.mediafire.com/?mi5hz1emhmh

Latest, most accurate file. v1.45. Made improvements and adjustments to each ships targeting systems.

Playable Version(Posted 2009-02-21)
I am releasing a playable version. Get it here!

Simple Space Fight V1.45 (5.4mb)
Removed 12/5/09. Updated version available.

Next(Posted 2009-02-14)
1. Added volume control in-game. The player can now adjust the background music without leaving the game.

2. Added new graphics to the intermission screen.

3. Removed MOST of the top-of-the screen text readouts. Most of them had no effect or usability during the game, but were there for debug and test purposes.

4.Edit 2/20/09:
The blue team now picks it's upgrades mathmatically, not randomly.

I can't stop working on this...(Posted 2009-02-11)
I thought I was done. Was I wrong. Way wrong.

Things I have accomplished since the v1.3 release:

1. The user can now PLAY as a red fighter, or not play, it is up to him. Simply smash the spacebar once and you get a nice "welcome" and take control of a ship!

2. The blue computer team does not know that the player entered the game, or which ship he is, when he is playing.

3. The red team does not know when the player is playing or not either.

4. Removed the periodic upgrades. Upgrades are now available AFTER each round. Each team selects one upgrade from a list of 4. The blue team's upgrade is picked by the computer and the red team's is picked by the user, whether he is playing or not.

5. Added 4 music tracks to the game. One is played at random during each match.

6. Added many sound effects.

7. Removed the ability to pick the amount of ships at program launch.

8. When the player takes control of a ship, the ship turns YELLOW so the player knows which ship he is controlling. If he dies, he can take control of another ship so long as there is another ai red ship alive. You can continue to do this until there are no more ships. You can only control one ship at a time, of course.

9. After firing at an enemy ship, both team's ships have a chance of attacking the enemy base 1 time. This has made base HP much more important. This has also made battles shorter. Another interesting thing has happened because of this, and now the middle of the screen is a big battlefield!

10. Each ship has a chance of being spawned with the intent of attacking the enemy base and ignoring enemy ships on the way there.

11. The player will have to enter a ship for each round if he wishes to fly a ship. Even if he is alive when the round ends, all his ships will start out under the control of the AI.

New Update(Posted 2009-02-05)
Made VAST improvement in the ai movement code. Ships now behave much much much more like ships. By implementing a few well thought out lines of code it turned out awesome! (Well, I think they move good, anyway)

Grab it here and let it run for a few minutes. I find it fun to watch.

Version 1.3(618 kb)
http://www.mediafire.com/?m9tjmun0myr

1.1 update(Posted 2009-02-04)
Get version 1.1 here: (615kb)
-removed 2/4/09

1. Blue's laser has been changed to purple.

2. A laser readout has been added at the top of the screen which counts the amount of laser beams being tracked.

3. Ships now fire 2 shots at an enemy base at once.

4. Evasive movements have been added and are exocuted after firing.

5. Ships now check for new enemy ships after firing at an enemy base.

6. The winning side will start the next round with 1 less ship, while the losing side will have 1 more ship. This makes for a swing of 2 ships.

7. Damage upgrade has been capped at +6.

8. A speed upgrade has been implemented and is capped at 3 upgrades for each side. This affects laser speed as well as ship speed.

9. The user can specify the number of ships each side will begin with upon running the program.

10. Individual ship damage has been removed from the information center. This greatly improved it's readability.

11. Upon firing, ships have a random 20 degree arc they can possibly shoot. (10 degrees each side of what they're aiming at) This implements a nice "miss" factor into the simulation.

12. Ships that roam or stray from the visible screen will be returned to their base but retain current stats.

13. Collisions have been implemented for ship-to-ship. Ships will no longer stack as one entity.