Worklog for Drak

Sphere

Return to Worklogs

Release(Posted 2008-09-05)
This is the final version. Get it here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?donieemevxp

Update(Posted 2008-09-02)
Been adding and modifying things on and off. Here's the breakdown of what's happened in the last month.

1. Some enemies now shoot visible projectiles that are an exact match to the player's bullets. Speed is the same, but time between shots is higher, as is damage.

2. Added a death animation when the player dies.

3. Added a splash screen at startup.

4. Added about 30 enemies to levels 4 and 6.

5. Deathmatch level at level 5 is activated. The player has to kill a certain number of enemies before he can reach the portal to the next level.

6. Added levels 6 through 12, although enemies have not been placed yet.

7. Improved enemy ai. Most enemies are now presented with multiple choices, and some have more than one weapon to choose from.

8. Added various "named" enemies that may drop special power-ups. These special power-ups are dropped at roughly 1 out of 500 chance.

9. Friendly-fire is allowed. I purposely left out a check to see if the enemy has another enemy inbetween him and the player.

10. I will not be releasing another demo, only the finished product when complete. Some people seem to think they need to release a "demo" every time they change 1 variable... not me. I hope to have it completed within about 2 weeks.

Tweaks(Posted 2008-06-30)
1: Added Re-recoil. The gun now comes back down on it's own after a shot.

2: The endgame function was commented out in the compiled version, so it has been uncommented!

3: The compiled version also didn't have the ranking function enabed either, so this has been enabled.

4: It seems the purple spheres are a bit too tough, I will probably decrease either their hp a bit or their attack modifier to make them a little easier to kill before they kill you.

5: Red spheres only melee, so I increased their damage by 10x! Why? These are so easy to kill that they shouldn't be able to get to the player!

6: All enemies now have a random number of hit points. Tougher enemies will always have tougher hit points. Example: Reds have anywhere from 3-7 hp, while yellows will have something like 6-12.

7. Left\right recoil was doubled, but still slight compared to upwards recoil.

8. The last 2 enemies in level 3 were changed to white spheres instead of purple. They are basically the same thing as machine gunners with lessened attack damage. Why? I couldn't get past them, easy as that.

Here is the newest zip:
http://www.mediafire.com/?35e42h4cwml