Worklog for WoeIsMe

Worklog 1

Return to Worklogs

Alf the Elf II continued(Posted 2003-01-08)
Now Death walks in 4 directions, plus diagonals, with animations. I've made her swing her scythe downscreen (up, lef and right still remain). She can also pick up guns and ammo, and cycle through guns and spells. Message bars pop up when interesting things happen (eg pick up ammo). I haven't programmed any code for shooting or casting spells, but I've left it open for me to do that, but have set the spell/gun carrying system.

Scythe swinging to be completed. Once I've done that (and added a few ranged weapons) I can start on enemies and lin-level objects (like walls).

Made some changes to plan of storyline. Death does not kill Alf. In the prologue, Hades finds out that Death brought Alf back to life in the first game. He tells her that she could have got him into serious trouble woth the rest of the Gods, so banishes hear from the Underworld and takes away her "licence to kill" temporarily for ten years. He says that her apprentices will take over her job until she returns after 10 years. Death joins Alf in his Royal duties at the throne of All The Land. One year later, Alf and Death try to eliminate hamsta terrrorists from their kingdom, and lead a special forces team.

After Death and Alf attack the final base of the hamstas, hamsta leader Giovanni and some more hamstas ambush them. Giovanni holds a gun to Alf's head and threatens to kill him. He does. Being banished from the Underworld, Death cannot bring her son Alf back to life. She becomes queen, but desperately awaits the end of her sentence so she can return to much loved job and see her son again. However, after 10 years, her job has been taken over by a mysterious new Death who wants to kill her. A new hamsta army is rising, and Death must find out what's gone on when she was away from the Underworld, and what it's got to do with these hamstas.

So if you're Spartacus... who am I?

Alf the Elf II(Posted 2002-12-12)
The sequel had to come sometime! Alf the Elf, for those who don't know, was my first and greatest full-sized. It starred Alf Drainpipe Lichtenstein, his mission-setter Zeus, his mentor Death, sidekick Cyan and newfound friend Morgan the Beaver. Now, those who survived the first game are back. You control Death this time round, and the game is set level-based, like a Goldeneye/Zelda, rather than Zelda style of play. Fully 2D of course! It'll keep the twists, exciting level design and, of course, humour of the original to make the greatest game ever! This time, Death kills (the knewly crowned king) Alf in an attempt to save the world from "the inevitable". Ten years later, her powers are gone, and the kingdom of All The Land is being overrun by the Hamstazi army. And there's a new Death in town trying to dispose of her for "legal purposes". Only you can find out what's going on, and find out the true fate of Alf the Elf.

Having bagged a copy of Paintshop Pro, I've been working on Death walking in 4 directions. I might include diagonal animations. The camera followes her, and the land moves around her. Attacks are next on the Agenda.

So if you're Spartacus... who am I?