Worklog for Scaremonger

Broadsword

Return to Worklogs

More design changes...(Posted 2008-01-04)
I cannot get along with MAXgui. It's about as platform independant as a Haddock... I paid for it, but I'm not bothered. Mark does a great job with Blitzmax.

Anyway! Enough of my ravings. I have decided to use Bruceys WxWidgets, so this project will be on hold for a while until it's further developed.

MODULES: ITS_Win32service.mod

Design debate(Posted 2007-07-24)
After much debate (with myself), I have decided to use XML control files, LUA scripting and a mixture of MAXgui and some custom gadgets.

I have designed the basic control files, and built a couple manually for testing purposes (Not all features).

I bought MAXgui and created the menu system, and toolbar. Coded the XML loading mechanism, and hit a bug...
xmlGetLastError and TxmlError

Had enough for today. Will carry on again another time.

Design(Posted 2007-02-22)
Have designed the game control files and created samples using standard INI layout.

Have created objects that will read this INI file directly into strutures for use in the game.

Have looked at the GUI's available (Fry/High/Sas etc), (Even Maxgui on a friends PC), and decided that I'd be better writing the interface from scratch. (See seperate worklog for GUI)