Worklog for TheSin

SWARM

Return to Worklogs

Torque Game Builder(Posted 2007-03-06)
I decided to take the Torque road for game design. The development tools are simply more efficient. BlitzMax however is a wonderful tool for creating cross-platform apps and I really hope the 3D stuff will get even better for further 3D development.

Dev Update(Posted 2007-02-23)
Work on SWARM is going well. I'm currently drawing the shapes for the enemies with Inkscape and thinking about how I want the levels to be. At first I wanted to have vertical scrolling levels but now I'm thinking about maybe doing 4-axis levels like you can roam around in any direction. I think this would suit the feeling of the game as I want it.
Oh: and I'm listening to the Rocky Balboa soundtrack while working on SWARM =) One of the best OSTs in the past 2 years imho.

It'll be called SWARM(Posted 2007-02-12)
1. I now got my iMac. It's a beautiful 17" all in one computer system with the most modern operating system on the harddrive that is available today: Mac OS X. I won't rant about how archaic Windows is (even Vista) compared to OS X. Just wanted to let you know that I'm on Macintosh now (important since it's my development machine).

2. My website ( http://www.moonshape.net ) is ready and 100% created on my Mac using iWeb. It was very easy but I must say it would be better if iWeb would create PHP based websites rather than simple html. But nevertheless it's pretty easy to use, I like it :-)

3. My game will be called SWARM and it will be a 2D shoot em up merged with a snake like gameplay where you must build up a swarm of wingmen. Did you never wonder how a single spaceship is able to defeat all those bad guys in the normal 2D shoot em ups? SWARM will give you the opportunity to send a whole army to kick the bad boys asses =)

Still nothing here...(Posted 2007-02-05)
Ok, still no name, still no game. But I now know at least that I want to do something modable. I've got a BVM license and koriolis lets me play with the BVM 2 beta ^^
I'm also still trying to sell my notebook so I can get myself an 17" iMac. But nobody wants it :-(
Is 900 Euro really too much for an Intel CoureDuo 1.8GHz, 1 GB RAM, Radeon x1600 plus accessories and software?
Questions over questions...

Nuclear ressearch? Delete nuclear...(Posted 2007-02-03)
I'm recently searching for a new game idea (or mix some different game ideas up etc.). My first attempt was something like Sudoku but with a gamedesign that would allow multiplayer (like in Tetris where you can send rows over to the AI or a second player) but I'm not that happy with my current approach.
Another funny stuff would be some kind of Chess with new and different characters like a Mage who could attack from the distance without actually moving. But that would require some good 3D modells and I'm a very bad 3D artist when it comes to character modelling ^^
I'll do more ressearch, I really hope to come up with something interesting. Maybe something the players could even create something...