Upgrading to Windows 8

Monkey Targets Forums/XNA/Upgrading to Windows 8

skid(Posted 2014) [#1]
After recently upgrading to Windows 8 (thanks Mark) I'm not finding it that bad.

Happily Games For Windows Marketplace is still alive, there is a blog post with download links for anyone wanting to test and develop code for this eco-system:

http://nitrologic.blogspot.co.nz/2014/02/xna-monkey-target.html

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2014) [#2]
re: win8
i don't use the massive "start panel" that much. i go right to the desktop. there are small things i find poorly designed, like the default app for playing music/movies takes over the whole screen and doesn't work with desktop mode.

SLotman(Posted 2014) [#3]
I installed Classicshell on Win8... never looked back. Boots straight into desktop, has the start menu, and win8 is fast as hell :)

GfK(Posted 2014) [#4]
I use ClassicShell, too. Without that, I don't think I could tolerate Windows 8. There was absolutely no reason to make such drastic changes to how the entire OS functions, save for the fact that Apple and Microsoft seem to think that having one OS that runs on all devices is the way forward. It's not. It isn't practical and it isn't workable. All they'll end up with is an OS that isn't perfectly suited to any application.