Requirements for compiling an XNA project

Monkey Targets Forums/XNA/Requirements for compiling an XNA project

mteo77(Posted 2013) [#1]
Hello all.
I am setting up various targets in Monkey so i can compile for debug purpose.
I have been able to set up Android and glfw and i spent nearly an entire day to try and set up xna...i gave up.
I installed everything that is listed in the monkey help and i get an error pages long.
Something along the lines:

Build started 14/04/2013 20:21:48.
Project "C:\Users\Matteo\Desktop\MonkeyPro69\MonkeyPro69\bananas\Matteo\gamedemo2.build\xna\MonkeyGame.sln" on node 1 (MonkeyGame target(s)).
ValidateSolutionConfiguration:
Building solution configuration "Debug|Mixed Platforms".
ValidateProjects:
The project "MonkeyGameContent" is not selected for building in solution configuration "Debug|Mixed Platforms".
Project "C:\Users\Matteo\Desktop\MonkeyPro69\MonkeyPro69\bananas\Matteo\gamedemo2.build\xna\MonkeyGame.sln" (1) is building "C:\Users\Matteo\Desktop\MonkeyPro69\MonkeyPro69\bananas\Matteo\gamedemo2.build\xna\MonkeyGame\MonkeyGame\MonkeyGame.csproj" (2) on node 1 (default targets).
C:\Users\Matteo\Desktop\MonkeyPro69\MonkeyPro69\bananas\Matteo\gamedemo2.build\xna\MonkeyGame\MonkeyGame\MonkeyGame.csproj(152,3): error MSB4019: The imported project "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\XNA Game Studio\Microsoft.Xna.GameStudio.targets" was not found. Confirm that the path in the <Import> declaration is correct, and that the file exists on disk.
Done Building Project "C:\Users\Matteo\Desktop\MonkeyPro69\MonkeyPro69\bananas\Matteo\gamedemo2.build\xna\MonkeyGame\MonkeyGame\MonkeyGame.csproj" (default targets) -- FAILED.
Done Building Project "C:\Users\Matteo\Desktop\MonkeyPro69\MonkeyPro69\bananas\Matteo\gamedemo2.build\xna\MonkeyGame.sln" (MonkeyGame target(s)) -- FAILED.

Build FAILED.

"C:\Users\Matteo\Desktop\MonkeyPro69\MonkeyPro69\bananas\Matteo\gamedemo2.build\xna\MonkeyGame.sln" (MonkeyGame target) (1) ->
"C:\Users\Matteo\Desktop\MonkeyPro69\MonkeyPro69\bananas\Matteo\gamedemo2.build\xna\MonkeyGame\MonkeyGame\MonkeyGame.csproj" (default target) (2) ->
C:\Users\Matteo\Desktop\MonkeyPro69\MonkeyPro69\bananas\Matteo\gamedemo2.build\xna\MonkeyGame\MonkeyGame\MonkeyGame.csproj(152,3): error MSB4019: The imported project "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\XNA Game Studio\Microsoft.Xna.GameStudio.targets" was not found. Confirm that the path in the <Import> declaration is correct, and that the file exists on disk.

0 Warning(s)
1 Error(s)

Time Elapsed 00:00:00.12
TRANS FAILED: Error executing 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\MSBuild.exe /t:MonkeyGame /p:Configuration=Debug MonkeyGame.sln', return code=1
Done.

It seems it can't find the target but i installed all the required libraries and updated etc etc.
Tried with different versions of monkey as well.
I deleted the builds folder etc etc.
Does anybody have any idea?

mteo77(Posted 2013) [#2]
No idea what went wrong but a reinstall of both visual studio and xna sorted the problem...weird!