Any other Win Phone devs getting Symantec emails?

Monkey Targets Forums/XNA/Any other Win Phone devs getting Symantec emails?

benmc(Posted 2013) [#1]
I'm getting these strange emails saying they are from Symantec, a Microsoft Partner, asking me for personal info to register my Microsoft Dev account that I setup months ago. Has anyone else received these? It seems like phishing to me, but I can't really tell because it does go to a Symantec site.

secondgear(Posted 2013) [#2]
I received a number of e-mails, and after I hadn't replied, they called me. My account is over 2 years old, and yet they still insisted on verifying my identity.

benmc(Posted 2013) [#3]
I just heard back from MS Dev support, and they said it should be legitimate. I did make sure that the links went through to Symantec, and they did, and I just had to click a confirm button so far.

Amon(Posted 2013) [#4]
For my Windows 8 Appstore account the verification process was handled by Symantec. It's legit but much like benmc did make sure the links do go to Symantec.

Oh! I had to verify tax details also with a *W8BEN* form that I had to Submit electronically.

garyk1968(Posted 2013) [#5]
Yep had the same. Ridiculous I setup a start-up and said didn't have utility bills as we're doing it all lean, kept insisting on a utility bill even though we have none and use Skype for comms.

Ltd co entity and had to get a D&B number which was pretty easy but they still keep asking for stuff we don't have. Keep saying we are a startup, given up now.

I've been an iOS dev for 3 years and recently setup a google play and amazon App Store account, all a piece of piss. If they want to make it that hard then f**k em, they can poke their minority crummy little platform!

Gary

SLotman(Posted 2013) [#6]
Same here... I actually went through, and was approved. But it was a pain in the a#%@