Windows Phone Publishing - Rename Project?

Monkey Targets Forums/XNA/Windows Phone Publishing - Rename Project?

benmc(Posted 2012) [#1]
Before submitting a game to Microsoft for Windows Phone distribution, is there a process to follow? Should I be renaming everything that says MonkeyGame to something else?

The reason I ask is because when deploying the game to my phone for testing, I can't seem to run 2 of my games, they always overwrite each other.

I'm worried that the game I submitted to Microsoft has a name that would overwrite another, or if I released another game, it would overwrite itself.

I can't seem to find a good tutorial on going from Visual Studio 10 for Windows Phone to publishing.

Xaron(Posted 2012) [#2]
I always do that in VS as you have to set the assembly information anyway.

Open the project properties of the Windows Phone copy of the Monkey project and change

Tile Title in the XNA Game Studio tab
Assembly name and Default namespace in the Application tab

I think the assembly name and namespace are the ones which make your app unique.

dave.h(Posted 2012) [#3]
If you dont do s Caron suggests it can fail because when you pin a app to the starts teen it will be called monkeygame.they dont always fail you for this though its 50/50.ps I meant xaron im on my phone now

benmc(Posted 2012) [#4]
I changed the Assembly Name, the Assembly information, and the Title in one game. I can run it on my phone, and pin it to start, and the names and icons are all correct on the device.

I open up a new game, change all the same things.

It deletes the first game, and puts this new game with all its information in its place.

Do you think I need to completely change the Namespace, or the entire projects?

EDIT: Something I noticed is that every game built for XNA in Monkey seems to have the same Assembly GUID. Could this be the problem?

SUCCESS: That was it. I tweaked the GUID a bit and now it's working fine, I can put multiple games on my phone, but I have to edit this manually and I don't know if I'm doing it right. Not sure how to generate a new Guid for the apps. It only lets me change numbers, and not letters, so I don't know if I'm making things worse by manually changing the Assembly GUID, but it does do the trick.